Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Huron Peak on Sunday (14th) or Monday (15th)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Huron Peak on Sunday (14th) or Monday (15th)

Postby ashlee03 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Are there any takers on climbing Huron Peak this upcoming Sunday or Monday (preferably North Ridge Slopes - Standard Route, but I'm up for Southwest Slopes as well).

I'm coming from low altitude, but plan on spending a couple of days in the mountains prior to the climb to acclimate a little more...I usually don't have a problem with altitude sickness when I arrive a couple of days early. I've climbed Difficult Class 2 & part of a Class 3 mountain, so I'm looking for someone who's experience level is anywhere from Class 1 to Class 3, or someone who has patience with me due to not being as well-adjusted to the altitude. Let me know ASAP. Weather's supposed to be great on Sunday...even better on Monday!

Ashlee

Re: Huron Peak on Sunday (14th) or Monday (15th)

Postby IkeB » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 pm

I might be in if the start time is early enough.

Postby ashlee03 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 pm

What do you consider "early"? And which day are you thinking?

Postby IkeB » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:12 am

I was thinking before 6. That was due to needing to be back in loveland sun night. I don't have to be back to loveland now til mon night. I am leaning twoards yale for Sunday and shav/tab for Monday now though since I have already done huron. Sun can be a late start mon I need to be on the trail about 5 am. I willl be camping for the weekend outside of bv. Let me know your thoughts.