Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mt Oklahoma Saturday 10/13

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Mt Oklahoma Saturday 10/13

Postby mikemalick » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Postponing my French, Frasco, Casco "Francisco Classic" plans till early November and instead will just do centennial 13,845' Mt Oklahoma this Saturday Oct 13th with this route in mind:
http://www.13ers.com/routemain.php?route=201108091417383

Weather forecast looks positively divine!

Friday - Snow showers likely before 9am, then rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 44. South wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Friday Night - Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Blustery, with a southwest wind 15 to 25 mph becoming west northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Saturday - Snow likely, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Saturday Night - A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.

Other forecasts I am seeing show like 4" of new snow on Friday and then another 4" by noon Saturday. With that in mind, don't know if I will get to the North Halfmoon Creek TH or the slightly lower Halfmoon Creek TH. Approx 3,400' gain over 7.25 r/t miles or else 3,605' gain over 8 miles r/t if starting from the lower Halfmoon Creek TH.

I tend to be a moderate pace hiker and will drive in the morning of from NE Westminster. Post/PM if interested.

-Mike