Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (October)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (October)

Postby nkan02 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:32 pm

I guess I should show up then too, but really wish the place was in Englewood and not on a Thursday, which is my rock climbing night when I meet my potential winter hiking partners. Oh well. At least the VIP room with a bouncer sounds promising.

Edited for clarity
Last edited by nkan02 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mtree » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:37 pm

I shall try to make it!
"Cool Prius!" - nobody

Postby USAKeller » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm in.
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby BobbyFinn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:48 pm

ameristrat wrote:
farcedude wrote:I'm in.

Also, can anyone provide a projector? I was thinking this would be the perfect venue for a screening of Vertical Limit.

I can't provide a projector, but I think that's an excellent idea. I'm in - excited to make it to one and meet some of you all

Maybe you can just act it out?
"Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." - Yoda
"Rudeness is a weak person's imitation of strength." - Paul Arel

Postby GregMiller » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:05 pm

BobbyFinn wrote:
ameristrat wrote:
farcedude wrote:I'm in.

Also, can anyone provide a projector? I was thinking this would be the perfect venue for a screening of Vertical Limit.

I can't provide a projector, but I think that's an excellent idea. I'm in - excited to make it to one and meet some of you all

Somehow I don't think they'd appreciate that, between the leaping around with ice tools, the Nitroglycerin, the needles of "Dex"....
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby bergsteigen » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:20 pm

USAKeller wrote:I'm in.

If you're driving, I'm in :wink:
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby metalmountain » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:29 pm

nkan02 wrote:I guess I should show up then too, but really wish the place was in Englewood and not on a Thursday, which is my rock climbing night when I meet my potential winter hiking partners. Oh well. At least the VIP room with a bouncer sounds promising.

"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby BobbyFinn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:39 pm

farcedude wrote:
BobbyFinn wrote:

Somehow I don't think they'd appreciate that, between the leaping around with ice tools, the Nitroglycerin, the needles of "Dex"....

But it would be awesome to watch someone with some liquid courage jump off a table and stick a "landing" on the wall using 2 axes...
"Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." - Yoda
"Rudeness is a weak person's imitation of strength." - Paul Arel

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:51 pm

BobbyFinn wrote:
farcedude wrote:
BobbyFinn wrote:

But it would be awesome to watch someone with some liquid courage jump off a table and stick a "landing" on the wall using 2 axes...

Challenge accepted.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby ameristrat » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:04 pm

metalmountain wrote:
nkan02 wrote:I guess I should show up then too, but really wish the place was in Englewood and not on a Thursday, which is my rock climbing night when I meet my potential winter hiking partners. Oh well. At least the VIP room with a bouncer sounds promising.

I don't want the brilliance of this meme to be lost on this thread. I am cracking up at my desk...
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby ameristrat » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:05 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:Challenge accepted.

Also, who wants to start a betting pool on how well this is going to go. 10-1 odds?
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby sdkeil » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:40 pm

bergsteigen wrote:
USAKeller wrote:I'm in.

If you're driving, I'm in :wink:

Of course she is driving...how do you think I would be able to get home :)
Ass: (noun)
a long-eared, slow, patient, sure-footed domesticated mammal, Equus asinus, related to the horse, used chiefly as a beast of burden.

PreviousNext