Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Crestone Traverse this weekend

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Crestone Traverse this weekend

Postby Dino_800 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm looking for a climbing partner to do the Crestone Traverse from Peak to Needle this Sunday. We would ascend the red gully. My plan is to arrive at the South Colony Lakes Trailhead Friday night, then climbing Humboldt and set up camp Saturday. Hopefully any snow that may stick around from this week's storms will have a minimal effect on the routes and they will still be climbable. The forecast right now looks like that area will get less than 2" through the week. If you're interested in climbing Humboldt too, that would be great! These are some mountains I've been excited to climb all summer, but haven't had the circumstances yet to allow me to climb them. Given that the route is class 3-4, I don't want to do the route alone, and would prefer a partner that has ample 14er class 3+ experience. I've climbed 44 of the 58 peaks and have enjoyed climbing a few class 4 routes including Pyramid, Capitol, Kit Carson's North Ridge, Little Bear, and the Bells Traverse. I'm also from Boulder, so if you're interested and are from the Front Range area, carpooling would be great! I don't mind driving my 2005 Buick Century and would try to get it up the 4wd road as far as I can, if taking a 4wd car isn't possible.

Re: Crestone Traverse this weekend

Postby Justin9 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:58 am

If you would consider switching the traverse to Saturday, I could be persuaded to join you. Would probably hike in friday night though. PM me if interested.

Re: Crestone Traverse this weekend

Postby ak47 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:09 pm

Hey, I am up for this if we can be back on the front range sunday nite, gotta work monday. I have climbed both peaks but never had partners to complete the traverse. This would be my first of the four great traverses but I am no stranger to exposure and 4th class climbing. In the past I have packed in from the 2wd th and would be up for this approach again, the road is a bit rough, steep and u want clearance, but if you have a truck capable sweet!. I too want to bag humboldt, which I have yet to climb, assuming time and weather allow. Let me know if this works for you! Alex