Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

2012 14ers.com Gurlz Hike

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Are you attending? Which Day?

Sat
85%
Sun
15%

Total votes : 20

Re: 2012 14ers.com Gurlz Hike

Postby bergsteigen » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:19 pm

wildlobo71 wrote:How badly does your personal website visit-count spike each month during the Gurlzhike thread-life due to the guys looking for the secret link? :lol:

I don't have the stats from last year anymore. I'd like to think only web managers/programers could hack my website to find it. This year I may have to be even more clever... :twisted:

KeithK wrote:
bergsteigen wrote:Then we can have our secret poll & pm's to keep the guys guessing. That seems to be half the fun :lol:

Yawn.

You're only yawning since you already have your two surfer girls at home :P
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby summitstep » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Might as well call this the "14ers.com G-Spot Hike" since most of the guys can't seem to find its location. :-"[/quote]

Tim, did you just take this "OFF ROUTE"? :lol:

Maybe a Gps and a SPOT would help with location :justkillme:
"In this high country that we love, trails are steep. We climb each mile, breath by breath, and at the threshold of pain, bliss overtakes us."

"It's called CRAZY. And somehow, when you are bent over your poles, staring at your boots- heart heaving and trying not to cough your lung onto a rock= you look up...and you are looking down over all those beautiful mountains....and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"For all the richness of normal, everyday life, it is good sometimes to trespass high in the sky, and live with uncommon intensity, experiencing something that gets close to the sublime."

Postby tmathews » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:25 pm

summitstep wrote:Tim, did you just take this "OFF ROUTE"? :lol:

Who's Tim?

Postby aliciaf » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:29 pm

bergsteigen wrote:
nkan02 wrote:Which peaks are we talking about?

Per usual, after about a week, when we have a bunch of responses, I'll start to get a list of peaks to select from (pm suggestions if anyone has strong preferences). Then we can have our secret poll & pm's to keep the guys guessing. That seems to be half the fun :lol:

So, just was glancing at your personal website real quick. Did you go to SUNY Fredonia??

Postby bergsteigen » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:29 pm

summitstep wrote:Maybe a Gps and a SPOT would help with location :justkillme:

There's already an app for that... G-Spot
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."

Postby Presto » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 pm

by bergsteigen » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:29 pm

There's already an app for that... G-Spot

:wft: Well, girls, you know the old saying .... you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. :-# :wink:
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby bergsteigen » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm

aliciaf wrote:So, just was glancing at your personal website real quick. Did you go to SUNY Fredonia??

Yeah, class of '99. Geology & Geophysics

Postby aliciaf » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:33 pm

bergsteigen wrote:
aliciaf wrote:So, just was glancing at your personal website real quick. Did you go to SUNY Fredonia??

Yeah, class of '99. Geology & Geophysics

Awesome - I'm class of 2008, Medical Technology.

Postby summitstep » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:34 pm

tmathews wrote:
summitstep wrote:Tim, did you just take this "OFF ROUTE"? :lol:

Who's Tim?

Sorry Terry; no better at names than finding my way. Back to being a bystander! :oops:
"In this high country that we love, trails are steep. We climb each mile, breath by breath, and at the threshold of pain, bliss overtakes us."

"It's called CRAZY. And somehow, when you are bent over your poles, staring at your boots- heart heaving and trying not to cough your lung onto a rock= you look up...and you are looking down over all those beautiful mountains....and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"For all the richness of normal, everyday life, it is good sometimes to trespass high in the sky, and live with uncommon intensity, experiencing something that gets close to the sublime."

Postby marie123 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Not sure if I have that weekend open or not, but if it is open, I'm in!

Postby ctlee » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:53 pm

My weekend off!! Yay!! Looking forward to meeting some of the amazing women whose trip reports I've been reading!
Live as if you were to die tomorrow-learn as if you were to live forever-----Mahatma Gandhi

Postby Ridge runner » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Bummer, looks like I'll be missing it again this year. I'll be running The Bear in Utah that weekend. Have fun!

PreviousNext