Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

2012 Fall Gathering

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: 2012 Fall Gathering

Postby Monster5 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:56 pm

I'll be there Sunday. Hagerman's SW Ridge as per Matt's suggestion + other 13ers sounds enticing. Anything obscure, rarely-traveled, and challenging would also be nice.
"The road to alpine climbing is pocked and poorly marked, ending at an unexpectedly closed gate 5 miles from the trailhead." - MP user Beckerich

Postby forbins_mtn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:58 am

Alright, I'm out. I've decided to pull the trigger on the first marathon of my life. It was my #1 goal for this year, and I'm going for it. I might crawl across the finish line, but damnit - i'm gonna do it! Everyone have fun and be safe. Can't wait to see the TR's

Postby Beagle » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks for all the recon guys. I am down for this. If anyone wants to carpool (I can drive) from the Monument/Springs/Castle Rock area hit me up. Thanks.
This is my religion. This is my church. These are my cathedrals.

"Summiting is optional. Getting down is mandatory." - Ed Viesturs

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter Thompson

Postby Rcizzle » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:47 pm

wildlobo71 wrote:
KeithK wrote:
kushrocks wrote:4 of us (2 couples) are attempting Pyramid Saturday and then heading over to camp and hangout with everyone Saturday night. :iluvbeer: We probably won't be in shape to do anything Sunday and just take our time heading back to Denver. I am really looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones.

KeithK is there any way we can get a pole started on the first page to get an idea of how many people are going? Just a thought.

I was just going to ask everyone to PM wildlobo with their RSVP and nametag preferences.

...bedazzling can be provided at an extra cost.

And For Those of You WHO might be COMING from Out Of State; please Make sure Your Information is as you WANT it... Remember Spellcheck is for DOOSHES.

(see below)

hahaha I'm not even sure that unnamed/anonymous individual wore a helmet on Wetterhorn! However, he was prepared with his climbing rope, which was for safety, duh. Definition of Doosh: Excessive amounts of rain in an area that creates a lot of "doosh" like noises. I think he was confused.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Postby aliciaf » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 pm

I haven't been very active in this community (I'm a lingerer), but this sounds fun. I am doing a 5K on Saturday but could potentially get out there with my fiance late Saturday evening. We'd be interested in doing Snowmass on Sunday.

Postby giarcd » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 am

Update--------I drove the entire loop last Sat. and the road is fine to access Crystal City (from SE end of CC you can do Treasury up Bear Basin)-----further (past turn for Devils Punch Bowl) up the road the TH for Geneva Lake and "S" ridge of Snowmass and way to Hagerman---further on the loop access to Sheep Mt. , Arkansas Mt , back side of Daly (the Daly above Marble)------our camp area is looking good----I'm excited ,see ya'll there, I'll be there mid day Fri getting what I can ready!!----oh yea, the gathering will fall between Lead King 25k run and the annual Marble Fly -In ----so cool!!!

Postby Mindy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:32 am

Is there room for one more?

EDIT: Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Sat. 9/22 is also the Autumn Equinox (on the equinox, night and day are nearly exactly the same length – 12 hours – all over the world). I love Autumn. Should be fun!

Postby coloradokevin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Hmmm... things are starting to look promising for me to get that weekend off. Hope I can finally meet some more of you there!

Postby cheeseburglar » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:47 pm

giarcd wrote:oh yea, the gathering will fall between Lead King 25k run and the annual Marble Fly -In ----so cool!!!

Marble is such a great place. LKL run (best trailrun in the state for amateurs) with my bitch then the fall gathering to try Hagerman (which rejected me once) the next weekend! I'm liking September a lot.
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes

Postby elkaholic69 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:04 pm

count us in and does anybody want me to bring any shine ?

Postby matthewbe » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:11 pm

It's looking like a climbing buddy and fellow 14ers.com friend of mine and I are coming out for this. Will be nice to meet some of you! Shine, eh? And cookies?? This is sounding more and more like my kind of scene... sad that I haven't made one of these gathering before!! I'm a noob to a 14ers.com event...
Not all who wander are lost.

Matthewbe Photography
http://www.matthewbe.com

Postby geojed » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm thinking of climbing some peaks (14'ers and Centennials) and doing some traverses on Friday and Sunday around the Fall Gathering, which is on Saturday. Ideas I have in mind are Thunder Pyramid - Pyramid Peak Traverse, Castle/Conundrum - Cathedral, Maroon - North Maroon.

If interested send me a PM. These traverses are very dependent on a good weather forecast and may need to be pared to one peak if thunderstorms are likely.
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

PreviousNext