Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

2012 Fall Gathering

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: 2012 Fall Gathering

Postby scottfarish » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:19 pm

KeithK wrote:
scottfarish wrote:Is anyone considering a Snowmass-Hagerman traverse? It sounds gnarly, but hey, it could be the 2010 Alpine Junk Show part II (http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=9254&parmpeak=1840&cpgm=tripmain&ski=Include) :)

I'll make sure edlins sees this horrible idea, it should convince him to come.

For the record, I never said it was a "good" idea... just like Wetterhorn-to-Matterhorn only used up 2.56 brain cells.

Postby KeithK » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:22 pm

scottfarish wrote:
KeithK wrote:
scottfarish wrote:Is anyone considering a Snowmass-Hagerman traverse? It sounds gnarly, but hey, it could be the 2010 Alpine Junk Show part II (http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=9254&parmpeak=1840&cpgm=tripmain&ski=Include) :)

I'll make sure edlins sees this horrible idea, it should convince him to come.

For the record, I never said it was a "good" idea... just like Wetterhorn-to-Matterhorn only used up 2.56 brain cells.

It's a great idea, Scott, we need you to make this thing. Will be good to see you again.
Snow is dumb.™

Postby scottfarish » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:26 pm

It's a great idea, Scott, we need you to make this thing. Will be good to see you again.[/quote]

yessir... good to see you again as well. Thanks for setting this up! Looking forward to it.

Postby kushrocks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:31 pm

4 of us (2 couples) are attempting Pyramid Saturday and then heading over to camp and hangout with everyone Saturday night. :iluvbeer: We probably won't be in shape to do anything Sunday and just take our time heading back to Denver. I am really looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones.

KeithK is there any way we can get a pole started on the first page to get an idea of how many people are going? Just a thought.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby coloradokevin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:47 pm

I won't know if I have the weekend off for a couple more weeks, but I'll be there if I get it off (historically I always seem to get stuck at work on the weekends when these gatherings happen -- hoping for better luck this time).

Postby KeithK » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 pm

kushrocks wrote:4 of us (2 couples) are attempting Pyramid Saturday and then heading over to camp and hangout with everyone Saturday night. :iluvbeer: We probably won't be in shape to do anything Sunday and just take our time heading back to Denver. I am really looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones.

KeithK is there any way we can get a pole started on the first page to get an idea of how many people are going? Just a thought.

I was just going to ask everyone to PM wildlobo with their RSVP and nametag preferences.
Snow is dumb.™

Postby kushrocks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:54 pm

KeithK wrote: I was just going to ask everyone to PM wildlobo with their RSVP and nametag preferences.

I can supply nametags if needed but then again I dont get there until Saturday afternoon. I have tons at work already.
Last edited by kushrocks on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby KeithK » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:57 pm

I refuse to use pink font, but I guess I should have. NOBODY PM Bill(wildlobo71), I was kidding!!! :D
Snow is dumb.™

Postby wildlobo71 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:01 pm

KeithK wrote:
kushrocks wrote:4 of us (2 couples) are attempting Pyramid Saturday and then heading over to camp and hangout with everyone Saturday night. :iluvbeer: We probably won't be in shape to do anything Sunday and just take our time heading back to Denver. I am really looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones.

I was just going to ask everyone to PM wildlobo with their RSVP and nametag preferences.

...bedazzling can be provided at an extra cost.

And For Those of You WHO might be COMING from Out Of State; please Make sure Your Information is as you WANT it... Remember Spellcheck is for DOOSHES.

(see below)
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby Brian Thomas » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Parents visiting Dumver that weekend so I'm out for this...

Postby Cookiehiker » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:29 pm

anna wrote:
Cookiehiker wrote:
Of course....no gluten-lovin' happy hikers allowed! :wink:

Darn. Count me out. :barf:

ha ha Anna....everyone knows there is no such thing as a gluten-free cookie.....REALLY!! lol Real butter, real flour, real sugar....I know no other! :)

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 pm

I want to do the Snowmass S-Ridge. If anyone has room in their car I'd like to go to this! :-D
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

PreviousNext