Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

2012 Fall Gathering

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: 2012 Fall Gathering

Postby Kitten » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Same here, it was great to see old friends and make new ones. Mike and I enjoyed every moment, especially last night around the fire... by the way, who was the gorilla? I am curious, I forgot to ask :lol:
Thanks to both Craig and Keith for organizing this, it was a great campsite in the elks!
I will post the pics when I get them from the camera, probably in the next few days.
Cheers!

Imma
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda, Star Wars.

Postby SpringsHiker » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 am

It was a great time! A fun group, fantastic weather for September, a great location, and Treasure/Treasury was an adventuresome, epic, day. I want to add my thanks to Craig for organizing, providing superb route info, local area knowledge and history, and of course, the portable potty! An unplanned visit to the marble quarry (slightly off-route on our return) was far more interesting than I would have imagined. A second day of climbing was out of the question due to logistics, but it was an awesome experience.

Oh, and a final thanks to Tallgrass, who brought some fantastic beers to share and did an all-night pouring of samples for everyone interested--first class!

Scott
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"

Postby dcbates80911 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:11 am

Awesome time, good entertainment and great to meet new and see old faces. A BIG thank you Craig for organizing all of this with the land owners and picking such a great location. The best part of course was one of the cleanest outhouses on wheels I have ever used :-D .
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Postby MountainHiker » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks to Craig and Keith for putting this together. That was a nice site. It was great seeing everyone and meeting new people. It’s also the first time I saw fire show combined with bag pipes!
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Postby Michael J » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 pm

MountainHiker wrote:Thanks to Craig and Keith for putting this together. That was a nice site. It was great seeing everyone and meeting new people. It’s also the first time I saw fire show combined with bag pipes!

...and a gorilla, and a beer tasting, and a Port-a-potty fit for mountain climbers [you had to climb into it!].

"I've often heard a voice call down to me
If you'd climb higher you'd find wondrous things to see..."

Postby laxcountrypiper » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Waiting to see the pictures of bagpipe-fire-monkey. Also, thank you Tallgrass for the good beer.

Postby USAKeller » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:42 am

I also wanted to say that is was super nice to finally get to one of these gatherings; meeting new forum members and seeing old friends. I'm bummed I arrived so late. What a great location, too. Otina and I had a lovely time on PT 13,062' B - glad to have that one in the bag. :-D

Craig - a sincere thank you so much for getting the camp site all figured out. I really enjoyed finally meeting you and talking with you.

Keith - a huge thanks to you as well for organizing it. And, as always, so nice to see and talk with you too!

Who was the gorilla already?! The fire-blower was legit!
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby KeithK » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:03 pm

USAKeller wrote:I also wanted to say that is was super nice to finally get to one of these gatherings; meeting new forum members and seeing old friends. I'm bummed I arrived so late. What a great location, too. Otina and I had a lovely time on PT 13,062' B - glad to have that one in the bag. :-D

Craig - a sincere thank you so much for getting the camp site all figured out. I really enjoyed finally meeting you and talking with you.

Keith - a huge thanks to you as well for organizing it. And, as always, so nice to see and talk with you too!

Who was the gorilla already?! The fire-blower was legit!

The monkey was real, Caroline, and disappeared back into the jungle once the call of the bagpipes was over. He's probably hanging out with some of the region's yeti population.
Snow is dumb.™

Postby giarcd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Could it be Mixed breeding?----wonderful time with all!!----what a great group! Keith, you crack me up! (guess Caroline forgives me for the Moonshine)

Postby Kitten » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:51 pm

Ok, here go some pictures that I took at the gathering. My camera's flash is not good, so somebody will have to post the night pics (including the entertainment!).

Jim Beth Kevin.jpg
From left to right: Jim (Semitrueskerm), Beth (Ketel1) and Kevin (Coloradokevin)
Jim Beth Kevin.jpg (283.43 KiB) Viewed 568 times

Natalie.jpg
From left to right: Imma (Kitten), Mike (MountainMike) and Natalie (nkan02)
Natalie.jpg (271.14 KiB) Viewed 568 times

Kevin and Amber.jpg
From left to right: Kevin (Coloradokevin), Amber (sorry forgot your nick here!), Imma (Kitten) and Mike (MountainMike)
Kevin and Amber.jpg (268.78 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Yoda, Star Wars.

Postby Kitten » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:57 pm

And some more of the famous port-a-potty...

Fall Gathering 2012 062.jpg
From left to right: Imma (Kitten), Craig (Giarcd), Jim (Semitrueskerm), Beth (Ketel1) and Mike (MountainMike)
Fall Gathering 2012 062.jpg (339.65 KiB) Viewed 557 times

Fall Gathering 2012 065.jpg
Craig and the famous port-a-potty. Jim taking a pic on the right.
Fall Gathering 2012 065.jpg (324.77 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Yoda, Star Wars.

Postby MountainHiker » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

PreviousNext