Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Third Annual 14ers Winter Welcomer! (Update & RVSP)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Are you planning to be at the Third Annual 14ers Winter Welcomer?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Yes, I'm definitely planning on being there!
76%
No, can't make it this time. : (
24%
Yes, but I told my wife I'd be skiing, so please don't tell her I'm on a 14er again.
No votes
Yes, but my husband thinks I think he'll be skiing. Imagine his surprise. : )
No votes

Total votes : 49

Re: Third Annual 14ers Winter Welcomer! (Update & RVSP)

Postby gonzalj » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:29 pm

metalmountain wrote:
Dancesatmoonrise wrote:
jpfeif001 wrote: When is the next gathering?

I know, that one was a blast.
Someone will post something. That's usually all it takes to get the 14ers wrecking crew out for a party. :lol:

Thanks again to all the crazy 14ers characters that made this last event so sweetly memorable.... :wink:

How about a New Years Eve hike?! That would fall on a Saturday this year. New Years Day is out for several obvious reasons.

That would be pretty sweet in my mind (weather permitting of course).

Postby Paula » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:15 pm

metalmountain wrote:How about a New Years Eve hike?! That would fall on a Saturday this year. New Years Day is out for several obvious reasons.

I got guilt tripped out of hiking last New Years, I'm definitely there this year.

Postby kushrocks » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Paula wrote:
metalmountain wrote:How about a New Years Eve hike?! That would fall on a Saturday this year. New Years Day is out for several obvious reasons.

I got guilt tripped out of hiking last New Years, I'm definitely there this year.

I am so in for this that would make the New Years evening celebration that much more rewarding . . . and the horrible hangover the following day that much more tolerable.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby tommyboy360 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Doug Shaw wrote:Rangers fan, Terry? 'Cause you appear to be thinking about baseball...

or Margaret Thatcher! funny reply. big time lol
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby jpfeif001 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:51 pm

metalmountain wrote:
Dancesatmoonrise wrote:
jpfeif001 wrote: When is the next gathering?

I know, that one was a blast.
Someone will post something. That's usually all it takes to get the 14ers wrecking crew out for a party. :lol:

Thanks again to all the crazy 14ers characters that made this last event so sweetly memorable.... :wink:

How about a New Years Eve hike?! That would fall on a Saturday this year. New Years Day is out for several obvious reasons.

That sounds good to me. Tentively I am in. What peak? Kind of need something in fairly close proximaty to Denver, want to be able to get back in time for my hangover warmups. A 13er anyone or a 12er. Perhaps something that has good ski routes down.
The spaces between is where I reside, In the moment is where I live, and my family and friends are who I love.

Postby DeucesWild » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:18 am

MountainFever wrote:I'm in for this new years hike!!!!

Me too! Love your blog, BTW!
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby bhess86 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:29 am

A New Year's Eve hike would be worth driving down from Cheyenne for!
Benedicite montes et colles Domino, laudate et superexaltate eum in saecula.

Postby gonzalj » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:19 am

How about a New Years Eve hike?! That would fall on a Saturday this year. New Years Day is out for several obvious reasons.[/quote]

That sounds good to me. Tentively I am in. What peak? Kind of need something in fairly close proximaty to Denver, want to be able to get back in time for my hangover warmups. A 13er anyone or a 12er. Perhaps something that has good ski routes down.[/quote]

Yeah, I would definitely be up for a 13er close to Denver that we could potentially skin up & ski down.

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:27 am

Bierstadt (depending on closures)? North Star? Cupid/Sniktau/Grizzly?

Yes, I'm being purely selfish with these suggestions. But these would be accessible to just about anyone.

We could be lame and do Sherman. (Barfing noises.)
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby Jon Frohlich » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:57 am

New Year's Eve on North Star would be fun. I could go for that.

Postby kushrocks » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:10 pm

I would prefer to stick to a 14er personally. Either way unless there is some potential blizzard im in for New Years Eve . . . . . and possibly some suggestions on places to go for an after party. \:D/
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:20 pm

jpfeif001 wrote:something in fairly close proximaty to Denver...

I'm hoping to get Evans this winter, so I'd probably be up for it on NYE...

Other easier ones I'm looking at this winter include Antero, Belford, Oxford, Ellingwood, and Lindsey.
Longs north face would be nuts for a group effort but could make a fun summit for NYE if conditions permitted. Heck, we could even fix a rope or two.

And then, I've always wondered about taking the Adaman track up Pikes on NYE, watching the fireworks from up there, and coming down in the moonlight.

Should have a half moon in the sky on NYE...

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_altazw.pl

PreviousNext