Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Friday arrivals (Spring Gathering)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Friday arrivals (Spring Gathering)

Postby tmathews » Fri May 06, 2011 9:11 am

For those of you heading out today -- how early are you expecting to arrive? If I can leave right around 3:30, it will put me at the campsite at 6:00 at the earliest. I'm hoping that it's not occupied by another party by then, so if someone can get out there a few hours earlier, that would be great.

If you can get out there earlier in the day, send me a PM and I'll reply with my cell number so you can shoot me a text message when you get there and let me know if it's already occupied. I guess we should have a contingency plan. Anyone know of another campsite in the area that we can use as a backup?

Re: Friday arrivals (Spring Gathering)

Postby dmccool » Fri May 06, 2011 9:41 am

lostsheep5 and I should be there around 6:30pm this evening
Save a place for me up in the high country.
There's still space to breathe.

- Gregory Alan Isakov

Postby COBuckeye » Fri May 06, 2011 9:44 am

I am planning on leaving Castle Rock around 7:00pm, which should put me there around 10:00pm. I plan on "camping" in my 4Runner, so I don't really need a camp site, just a place to park.
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri May 06, 2011 9:49 am

I’ll probably get there at about 7 or 7:30 p.m. with Marmot72. I know several others in my group (dmccool, speth) will be arriving a bit earlier. The real challenge will be passing the next six hours at work!
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby spaceman » Fri May 06, 2011 10:08 am

I should be there between 5 and 6 if I get everything done in time to get out of town. I may head up and camp in the gulch to have a headstart in the morning to climb.

Postby sgladbach » Fri May 06, 2011 10:42 am

Alise (my 11 y/o date for the weekend- Hands off, lostsheep!), Cooper, and I plan to arrive about 8PM
"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?

Postby BobbyFinn » Fri May 06, 2011 10:51 am

We'll be leaving downtown Denver around 4:30 pm. Heading to the grocery store and we'll likely be at the site around 7:30 pm.
"Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." - Yoda
"Rudeness is a weak person's imitation of strength." - Paul Arel

Postby d_baker » Fri May 06, 2011 10:54 am

From 14erW....
"On 4/29/11 Road was passable to just past Rockdale, about 1 mile short of Winfield."

Postby hberry » Fri May 06, 2011 10:55 am

I should be leaving Denver between 3:30 and 4:30 and be there after how ever long it takes me to get there :D

Postby wildlobo71 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:37 pm

I am also heading out of Denver about 4pm or so... See you at the camps before Vicksburg and Missouri Gulch TH!
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby kushrocks » Fri May 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Ill be there around 8pm tonight in a dark gray Mitsubishi Outlander with superdog Sophie and my girlfriend . . . . . who is way out of my league. HA. Id be happy to share campsite with whoever. I plan on crashing realitvely early tonight and getting up around 4am tomorrow. I plan on tomorrow night being a late one with a few beers involved. \:D/ looking forward to it.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby MountainHiker » Fri May 06, 2011 1:15 pm

It will probably be around 8:00 when we get there.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Next