Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Pikes peak this Thursday or Friday

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Pikes peak this Thursday or Friday

Postby Fawkes19 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:52 am

Hi, I didn't feel like doing my long run. So I am doing a long hike as training for the Colfax marathon. If anyone be interested in joining me. I know it's an easy 14er but I am looking mostly for distance insted of difficulty.

Thanks

Re: Pikes peak this Thursday or Friday

Postby jomagam » Tue May 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Which TH ? It's pretty hard from Barr, if you ask me.

Postby Fawkes19 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:09 pm

I am doing barr trail. Since I live in the springs and I done that trail before. it took me 6hrs last time.

Postby jomagam » Tue May 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Roundtrip or one way ?

Postby climbing_rob » Wed May 04, 2011 5:50 am

Seems like he's a trailrunner, so I'm assuming roundtrip, and 6 hours is an impressive time.

Postby jomagam » Wed May 04, 2011 10:26 am

climbing_rob wrote:Seems like he's a trailrunner, so I'm assuming roundtrip, and 6 hours is an impressive time.

Oh OK. So if somebody on this site is asking for hiking partners, it can mean a 25 mile run in 6 hours with 7500 feet of elevation :D

Postby climbing_rob » Wed May 04, 2011 11:22 am

jomagam wrote:
climbing_rob wrote:Seems like he's a trailrunner, so I'm assuming roundtrip, and 6 hours is an impressive time.

Oh OK. So if somebody on this site is asking for hiking partners, it can mean a 25 mile run in 6 hours with 7500 feet of elevation :D
Plenty of folks on here are capable of that, but I'm thining the OP should have originally specified what he was really looking for in a companion. I actually have done it in 6:10 when I was almost 50 years old (my PP marathon PR). Of course that was carrying nothing, using aid stations.

Postby Fawkes19 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:20 pm

It would be a round trip, and I don't run it. I don't carry much beside water and some food. And I don't really stop to rest at all.

Postby Fawkes19 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:32 pm

I am going to try to run parts specially in the way back. And I am sorry for not specifying in my first post what I was looking for. I guess it be better if I go alone. Since I am just training. So it mite not be fun for others.

I will be looking doing summer hikes just for fun later this summer tho.

Postby mtnjim » Thu May 05, 2011 2:25 pm

I'd really appreciate a trail condition report after this trip. Couldn't make it on th or fri but I might try to get down that way next week.

Thanks,
Jim

Postby metalmountain » Thu May 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Me and a friend are heading up early Saturday morning if anyone is interested in tagging along. My buddy wants some early morning photo's so we are going to try and start well before sunrise. Of course that all depends on what happens the evening before I suppose... :iluvbeer:
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby sad2 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:19 pm

metalmountain wrote:Me and a friend are heading up early Saturday morning if anyone is interested in tagging along. My buddy wants some early morning photo's so we are going to try and start well before sunrise. Of course that all depends on what happens the evening before I suppose... :iluvbeer:

I'm planning on going Saturday morning to Barr Camp and back if you are interested in carpooling. Would like to start between 7:00 and 8:00.

Trail run. Training for the Ascent.

Around 13 miles.

Next