Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Spring Gathering: Mt. Hope

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Spring Gathering: Mt. Hope

Postby tmathews » Mon May 02, 2011 7:38 am

Please use this thread if you want to coordinate a group or find partners for Mt. Hope.

Re: Spring Gathering: Mt. Hope

Postby dmccool » Mon May 02, 2011 1:59 pm

The Mt. Hope thread looked lonely so I thought I'd chime in.

SurfNTurf and I will be attempting Mt. Hope on one of the days, but we're not committing to which day until we get a better idea of conditions as the week goes on.

Dan
Save a place for me up in the high country.
There's still space to breathe.

- Gregory Alan Isakov

Postby sevenvii » Mon May 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Look forward to a trip report or pics afterwards. I want to try and hit it the following week or so :)

Postby SurfNTurf » Mon May 02, 2011 2:13 pm

dmccool wrote:The Mt. Hope thread looked lonely so I thought I'd chime in.

SurfNTurf and I will be attempting Mt. Hope on one of the days, but we're not committing to which day until we get a better idea of conditions as the week goes on.

Dan

What he said. We'll probably do it on the least-popular day. Also planning a really, really early start.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby GravityPilot » Tue May 03, 2011 8:00 am

Anyone looking to ski Hopeful? I might have a free day.

Postby EatinHardtack » Tue May 03, 2011 9:25 am

My buddy Steve and I are planning on skiing, he's riding, Mt. Hope.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Postby SpringsHiker » Tue May 03, 2011 1:58 pm

I am still figuring out my weekend but it looks like the good news is that I am free Friday and Saturday but the bad news is I cannot climb Sunday. So, I need to bet on the weather being suitable on Saturday for climbing.
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"

Postby tmathews » Tue May 03, 2011 2:01 pm

SpringsHiker wrote:I am still figuring out my weekend but it looks like the good news is that I am free Friday and Saturday but the bad news is I cannot climb Sunday. So, I need to bet on the weather being suitable on Saturday for climbing.

Forecast is looking good!

Postby tmathews » Thu May 05, 2011 10:54 am

For those who don't know where the group campsite is going to be this link shows the approximate location of the turnoff from CR 390.

Postby SpringsHiker » Fri May 06, 2011 7:47 am

It turns out I will not be able to join the group this weekend. Too many time pressures and obligations this week. I am going to miss not having the chance to join you all. Next time!
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri May 06, 2011 11:12 am

Anyone have recent beta/photos on Hopeful? The avy discussions in the Missouri Mountain thread probably apply here, as well.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby SenadR » Sun May 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Me and Kimo summited Mt. Hope/ Mt. Quail yesterday, long, long but great day!

Next