Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski Greys Wednesday 5-4

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Ski Greys Wednesday 5-4

Postby william thompson » Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello All,
I hope that I am posting this correctly???
I am chomping at the bit to get out and play. Is any one interested in skiing Greys this Wednesday 5-4. I would also like to hit Torreys but if I do not ,no biggie, as I have been up both peaks several times. I will plan on leaving early as I have a client back in Superior at 6 p.m. I will also being skiing a mellow line as the snow is still a little winterish. Please let me know if anyone is interested as I am getting tired of solitary ascents of our beautiful peaks.
Cheers,
Pat
william thompson

Re: Ski Greys Wednesday 5-4

Postby Matt Lemke » Sun May 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Be careful up there. The snow is in pretty bad condition and the avy dangers up there are very bad.
Lemke Climbs
The Pacific Coast to the Great Plains = My Playground
"Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping"
"When you come to face what you fear, let the creator guide you"

Postby william thompson » Sun May 01, 2011 8:50 pm

Thank you for the good advice. You are spot on;as the snow has been visiting the Front Range on a regular basis this most awesome ski season!!!!! As I mentioned in my previous post I will be starting very early in the morning in order to take advantage of the frozen snow pack and I will be skiing an extremely safe line all the way back down to the car. Oh, and hopefully there will be a couple of inches of fresh snow so I can get some powder turns in.
Cheers,
Pat
P.S This was posted in hopes of finding a ski friend.Are you interested in joining me in some fun in the sun and some awesome mountain time?
william thompson

Postby Matt Lemke » Sun May 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Sorry...I don't ski or snowboard. I was up in that area last Thursday attempting to climb Grays and got turned around by the horrible snow conditions. Have fun though
Lemke Climbs
The Pacific Coast to the Great Plains = My Playground
"Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping"
"When you come to face what you fear, let the creator guide you"