Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski mountaineering enthusiasts mid May

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Ski mountaineering enthusiasts mid May

Postby BrianH » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:02 pm

I will be in Summit CO to ski and bag peaks starting May 14th. Would like to skin up some peaks and ski them. For example, the East Ridge of Quandry, or if we're feeling burly, the Cristo Coulior. I would like to hook up with people who have avie gear, some confidence on how to use it (or would be happy to practice), and a more or less laid back attitude. I've taken the Avie 1 course, which has made me very conservative in choosing terrain.

I'm a decent skier, and have bagged a lot of summer peaks in CO and skied a few 14ers, and have whatever rope skills we may need (setting up a rap or snow belay).

At this point, with the ever changing snow pack, I have no specific tick list, I just need to get out there and play in the snow.

Re: Ski mountaineering enthusiasts mid May

Postby Beachrodney » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Brian, PM me and we can figure something out. Im looking at the Silver couloir on Buffalo soon!

Postby GoPackGo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:48 pm

My new house stares directly at the Silver and I'll be skiing it either May 8 or May 15. If one of those dates interest you send me a PM.

Postby bckcntryskr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:05 pm

will be dropping the Silver on the 15th, see you out there.
Did I mention that "I hate postholing"

Postby nathanlee05 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Hey I would be interested. I got level 1 in december. I am tired of showing up to a climb and being the only one with avi gear.

Postby tyler26 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:47 am

I'm interested in skiing May. I can only do weekends. I've got gear, and took avy level 1 back in March. I'm just looking for some partners to go out with. Send me a message if anyone is interested.

Postby adamsack » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:38 am

I just bought a splitboard and avy gear (recently took avy awareness school at CMC) and would be very interested. I am also pretty conservative regarding terrain.

Weekends are best for me.