Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Longs Keyhole this Sunday 4/24

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Longs Keyhole this Sunday 4/24

Postby Rastaman566 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Being from out-of-state w/o family in CO to spend Easter with, naturally climbing a 14er sounds like the next best thing. Anyone else want to hit up the standard route on Longs this Sunday with me? Also, I'll be leaving from the Springs Saturday night if anyone would like to carpool. At this time, I'm not planning on a ski descent and I would need to see some fan-freaking-tastic lines to change my mind. Let me know.

Re: Longs Keyhole this Sunday 4/24

Postby JohnWilliams » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Hi Rastaman.
I was on the massif yesterday (wed) and it was a workout! 1-2 feet of new wet snow with more today and maybe tomorrow. It was very slow going from treeline up. Wet slides on most slopes we were on or could see including the Chasm Lake snowfield, Broadway, the Notch and Martha's Couloir (our route).

John
-I tend to be a Longs Peak nerd. If you have questions about the Longs Peak Massif please, feel free to ask.

But at times I wondered if I had not come a long way only to find that what I really sought was something I had left behind-Tom Hornbein

And this time you gave me a mountain. A mountain I may never climb-Marty Robbins

Postby TomPierce » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:30 am

John (or anyone else): Any info on the Trough/Glacier Gorge? I'd like to try that route some time this month. Thx.
-Tom

Postby Bean » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:23 am

For anyone going up soon or who's been up recently, photos of the north face or homestretch would be greatly appreciated.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby JohnWilliams » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:51 am

@Bean

Sorry man, didnt get a good look at either, but after this recent snow settles, I'd bet both might be skiable.

@Tom

Same deal, probably hellish after these snows! Let me know when you plan on heading up there
-I tend to be a Longs Peak nerd. If you have questions about the Longs Peak Massif please, feel free to ask.

But at times I wondered if I had not come a long way only to find that what I really sought was something I had left behind-Tom Hornbein

And this time you gave me a mountain. A mountain I may never climb-Marty Robbins