Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Are you attending the 2011 14ers.com Spring Gathering?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Are you attending the 2011 14ers.com Spring Gathering (5/7/11 and/or 5/8/11)?

Yes
38%
Leaning toward Yes
48%
I'll try, but it's looking doubtful right now
14%

Total votes : 64

Re: Are you attending the 2011 14ers.com Spring Gathering?

Postby spaceman » Sun May 01, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm looking to leave Denver or Evergreen early to mid afternoon on Friday and hiking in to camp Friday night, Hike Missouri on Saturday, either normal route, west ridge or the North Face Couloir. Open to returning either Saturday night or Sunday morning. PM me if you're interested in carpooling. See you all up there.
Derek

Postby william thompson » Sun May 01, 2011 6:56 pm

I hate to ask this question as I have been a member of 14ers for several years now, but here we go. What is the spring gathering all about? When does it happen and what does it entail?
Cheers,
Pat
william thompson

Postby tmathews » Sun May 01, 2011 6:59 pm

william thompson wrote:I hate to ask this question as I have been a member of 14ers for several years now, but here we go. What is the spring gathering all about? When does it happen and what does it entail?
Cheers,
Pat

http://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29374

Postby bhaydin » Sun May 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Jay521 wrote:For whatever it's worth, I climb Bierstadt every year on my b/day and call my Mother from the summit to thank her for having me and it absolutely makes her day! I think you should all burn up the air waves with calls to your Mom from the summit on the 8th.

Somehow I don't think my WIFE will forgive me :P I'll be up there on Friday and leave Saturday night. After this weekend's snow, wonder what the conditions will be like!

Postby william thompson » Sun May 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Thanks tmathews. I will try to make it there as it sounds like a blast. It actually sounds alot like the annual 4th of July ski of the 4th of July bowl above Breckenridge which I attend and have a wonderful time at every year!!!!
Cheers and thanks for the information, mountain brother!!!
Pat
william thompson

Postby tmathews » Mon May 02, 2011 8:34 am

In an effort to help groups coordinate their hikes/climbs, I'm going to be starting several threads for the mountains that have been most frequently referenced. Feel free to start additional threads for other mountains if you don't see the one you plan on hiking/climbing.

Also -- if you are attending the gathering sans partners, please make sure to check-in and -out with me or another member of the forum. I'm sure we all want to be certain that everyone makes it out safely! People are going to be seeing a lot of familiar and unfamiliar faces, so name tags are usually helpful. Nothing fancy -- duct tape with your name and your forum handle written with a sharpie works just fine.

Postby trailsntales » Tue May 03, 2011 1:26 am

I'm leaning toward going Friday through Saturday. Haven't decided which climb yet.
I'll know more mid week.

Postby semitrueskerm » Tue May 03, 2011 11:57 pm

Since the forecast looks pretty good, I think I may try to come up. However, I will be arriving sometime Saturday with plans to climb either Bel/Ox or Missouri on Sunday. Anyone have off and interested in sticking around for a climb on Monday?

Previous