Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Front Range this weekend (Mar 26-27)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Front Range this weekend (Mar 26-27)

Postby Aaron2014 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:02 pm

Hey, just wondering if anyone is interesting in meeting up for some climbing/hiking this weekend. I'm pretty open to where we go, but would prefer something not too technical for the first time climbing with you (would like to do North face of longs in near future though). I'm male, 25 yr, medium experience, experienced with winter climbing. Send a PM or just reply, looking forward to hearing back!

Re: Front Range this weekend (Mar 26-27)

Postby dh42891 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:25 pm

I might be up for something Saturday. I got scolded for going solo last weekend so I could use a partner. I've been eyeing a couple of the 13ers around Mayflower Gulch with a coworker, but haven't made a plan yet.

dylan

Postby Waggs » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 pm

I'm looking for something to do this weekend with nothing in mind yet.

Waggs
Gloves are optional. Mittens mandatory - S. Gladbach

Postby ChrisFol » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:46 pm

I have the weekend free and would be up for most peaks.

Feel free to shoot me a PM anytime with your plans and I will get back to you.
-Chris

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm planning on something somewhat close this weekend, also unsure of what exactly.

Leaning towards Kelso Mt. possibly with one other person, or maybe Byers if weather is really nice (due to the added distance for a day trip.)

--Derek
"I used to think my Dad was Elvis. But I haven't told him that yet. I haven't told my Dad either." -S. Murdoch
LOJ

Postby KeithK » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Derek wrote:I'm planning on something somewhat close this weekend, also unsure of what exactly.

Leaning towards Kelso Mt. possibly with one other person, or maybe Byers if weather is really nice (due to the added distance for a day trip.)

--Derek

If my back gets better, I'd be interested in Kelso...
Snow is dumb.™

Postby ChrisFol » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Derek wrote:I'm planning on something somewhat close this weekend, also unsure of what exactly.

--Derek

I would be interested in any of these--- let me know your logistics once you decide what you want to do; thats if you do not mind me tagging along of course.
-Chris

Postby Derek » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:25 am

I'm going to plan on Kelso from Stevens Gulch on Sunday the 27th. (Something came up the morning of the 26th.)

Sounds like SenadR and possibly one other is interested, anyone else that wants to join is more than welcome. It seems that most winter ascents wrap around the east and ascend from the south (not all the way to the Kelso-Torreys saddle, but just before) because that portion is usually windblown. If we see anything from the north on the way up that looks doable without avy risk, that could be a possibility. Obviously, we would want to steer clear of the ENE side that tends to have high avy danger. So I guess I'm planning more of a "see when we get there" route choice.

Any takers? Pooling possibilities?

--Derek
"I used to think my Dad was Elvis. But I haven't told him that yet. I haven't told my Dad either." -S. Murdoch
LOJ

Postby Aaron2014 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:39 am

Ya, that's cool with me. I'll probably just meet you guys at the trailhead in the morning though because i'll be camping out there. What time were you thinking?

Now just to find something to climb on saturday... Bierstadt, Quandry, suggestions...?

Postby spaceman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:01 am

I was thinking about Bierstadt or Quandary on Saturday if your still looking.

Postby gonzalj » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:06 am

How far up can you drive on guanella pass right now?

Postby ChrisFol » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Derek wrote:I'm going to plan on Kelso from Stevens Gulch on Sunday the 27th. (Something came up the morning of the 26th.)

Sounds like SenadR and possibly one other is interested, anyone else that wants to join is more than welcome. It seems that most winter ascents wrap around the east and ascend from the south (not all the way to the Kelso-Torreys saddle, but just before) because that portion is usually windblown. If we see anything from the north on the way up that looks doable without avy risk, that could be a possibility. Obviously, we would want to steer clear of the ENE side that tends to have high avy danger. So I guess I'm planning more of a "see when we get there" route choice.

Any takers? Pooling possibilities?

--Derek

Derek,

Kelso on the 27th is fine by me.

I have a regular passenger car (2wd)-- not checked the TH description to see if it will make it, but if it can then I don't mind driving from Denver (Wash Park area) and if it can't then I do not mind chipping in for gas if someone else is willing to drive.
-Chris

Next