Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Weekday Sport Climb Partners?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Weekday Sport Climb Partners?

Postby TomPierce » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:08 pm

The warming weather has me itching to get out rock climbing more. Anyone interested in trying to get out somewhat regularly on weekdays? Weekends are good too, but when I'm not on the road for work I have a pretty flexible weekday schedule esp. when my kids are in school (9am-3pm). I'm not necessarily tied only to sport, it's just that it's a fast way to get a good leading head, safely push limits, etc. Trad would be fine too. Thanks!
-Tom

Re: Weekday Sport Climb Partners?

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Tom, nice seeing you yesterday.

I can usually get some weekdays and plan to focus more on climbing this spring/summer, so keep me in mind.

Postby Glen » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 am

I have random week days off. Clear creek is nice and close. let me know if you ever need a partner.
-Glen
"I remember when I used to be into nostalgia."

Postby Beachrodney » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:12 pm

When ski season ends I would love to get back on some rock. Im off every Wednesday so hit me up! Where and what are you thinking?

Postby JohnWilliams » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Tom, throw me a line as well. I love your project for technical points with no aid, hit me up for any of those. Lets get those obscure lines on Longs Peak too! I'm off on weekends.

John
-I tend to be a Longs Peak nerd. If you have questions about the Longs Peak Massif please, feel free to ask.

But at times I wondered if I had not come a long way only to find that what I really sought was something I had left behind-Tom Hornbein

And this time you gave me a mountain. A mountain I may never climb-Marty Robbins

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:53 pm

A group will be climbing at RRCOS in Colo Spprings on Wed.

Not the hardest stuff but kinda like 4th class with bolts. In the sun. Mostly one pitch. Can be very pleasant. Come on out and work on that tan.

:D

Postby TomPierce » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Jim: Is this an every Weds sorta thing? I've heard of Red Rocks and even bought a guide last year but haven't made it down so far. Very interested in checking it out.
-Tom

Postby slopestyle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Tom,

Red Rocks is actually alright it's where I usually go when I've only got a few hours to hit up something. Shelf road is nice as well, I'm planning on spending more time up there this Summer. As for right now, I'm off afternoons on Mondays and Wednesdays, all day on Tuesday and every other Thursday if you want to go play some time down around the Springs area hit me up, I'm also game to drive somewhere else...

~Sam
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "HOLY s**t!!...WHAT A HELL OF A RIDE!!!!"

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:01 pm

TomPierce wrote:Jim: Is this an every Weds sorta thing? I've heard of Red Rocks and even bought a guide last year but haven't made it down so far. Very interested in checking it out.
-Tom

It was last year. It will probably start up again this year as it gets nice and the days get longer. I mentioned it b/c I'll be out there around 1 or 2 pm.

Postby ebnhils » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:07 am

I would like to start getting out more as well, I was thinking as the days get longer we need to start our own weekly evening in the Golden area. I would be able to make Tuesday or Thursday around 5:00 and would like to get out on some weekends.

Eben
life is motion, get busy living or get busy dying

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Man, we had a great day out there today. It was nice playing in the sun. What a change from the alpine winds... :D

Postby TomPierce » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:23 am

Sorry I couldn't make it, Jim, but I plan to in the future. Really want to check out that area. I'm off today to climb laps at Yosemite Crack (a sandbagged 5.9 at Lumpy Ridge), then tomorrow will try The Maiden, a really striking Flatiron formation.

To all who responded rest assured I'll be in touch. It's hard to find weekday rock partners and this spring/summer should be lighter than usual at work for me so I want to take advantage of that. Climb on!
-Tom

Next