Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Snow shoeing/ alpine trek first and second weekend in April

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Snow shoeing/ alpine trek first and second weekend in April

Postby big_red_pride » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Have you guys heard anything different about the weather. I'm still undecided at this point. I don't know if I want to drive there only to have to turn around after a few minutes of shoeing. Where are you meeting at? Maybe I could catch a ride with the two of you?

Postby summers » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:47 pm

The snowfall projections on nearby Torreys and Evans have both increased dramatically this afternoon (from 1-3 inches, to now 4-8 inches).

I will set my alarm to get up in the morning and check a radar, but if there is snow falling I will probably not come. So, if I'm not there at the carpool meet spot, don't wait for me.

Darrell

Postby Jeff_F » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:14 pm

hmmm..... now reading this I'm undecided. Really wanted to get James Pk with you guys and a 13er much earlier than I normally get them. But, not sure I just want to hike in a snow storm and not see stuff at the top, ya know.

Things were great at Loveland today, just windy. Got more and more windy as the day went on. I only was there about 3 hours to get some stuff done today and not tired myself out too much for tomorrow. Great today, but as we all know can be so different day to day.

Will be up a bit more for other comments, but we'll see.
The mountains are calling and I must go.
- - John Muir

Postby gonzalj » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Does anyone want to try to shoot for James maybe in 2 weekends from now since mother nature didn't cooperate with us today (I'm going to be out of town next weekend)? Maybe trying to attempt it on Sunday the 17th?

Postby Jeff_F » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:53 pm

That's definitely possible. Did you guys attempt and if so, how far did you get?
The mountains are calling and I must go.
- - John Muir

Previous