Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski partner(s) Saturday 3-5

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Ski partner(s) Saturday 3-5

Postby Gueza » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Anybody with skis interested in a 14er descent attempt this sat or maybe sunday?

Maybe Bross, Biersedadt, Shavano or something else. I'm open to other ideas as well. The weather looks good for this weekend.

~Eric
Last edited by Gueza on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Look at every setback, failure, and time you feel down in your life as a temporary, fixable condition. That is how you never give up and keep moving onwards.

"Never Stop" - AJS

"Be kind, Take care of yourself, and Work Hard" -Steve Gladbach

https://www.youtube.com/user/14erskier

Re: Ski partner(s) Saturday 3-6-11

Postby tmathews » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Saturday is 3/5, Eric. :wink:

Postby EatinHardtack » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Eric,

I got your text, sorry I didn't respond. I would be interested for Sunday. I can't go Saturday as I am helping someone move into a new home. On another note I have to go rent a setup for this weekend if I go. I busted by heel lock on my freerides last time I went out, waiting for Black Diamond to ship me a new one. So I am game if it is Sunday. ZB
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Postby Bean » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Can't make this weekend as I'll be stuck in Aspen (insert world's tiniest violin here). I doubt Bierstadt will be in, and careful of the new snow that's forecasted. Have fun and be safe.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby Gueza » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:12 pm

tmathews wrote:Saturday is 3/5, Eric. :wink:

Thanks Terry :mrgreen:

Zach, I might be able to do Sunday.

Bean-I know it might be out, I guess I could hold that one for after an upslope spring dump. I'll be sure to choose conservative lines if I go. Well at least you should be able to get some turns in Aspen?
Look at every setback, failure, and time you feel down in your life as a temporary, fixable condition. That is how you never give up and keep moving onwards.

"Never Stop" - AJS

Re: Ski partner(s) Saturday 3-5

Postby Carl » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:01 am

Hey Eric. I was in the early stages of garnering interest for a 14er ski descent Saturday. Looking to ski something I haven't yet. Let me know if any of these ideas interest you...

La Plata via the northwest ridge.

Columbia via Frenchman Creek. I think this route is skiable right now and most if not all avy terrain can be avoided. Although the winter closure appears to be around 8,500ft. Someone can please correct me if I'm wrong in either regard.

Maybe Cameron.

Postby maverick_manley » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:08 am

Hey Carl / Eric, I'd be interested in Columbia... I've climbed the other options listed in this thread. Let me know if you guys decide on it... or maybe Blanca? Cheers!

Wesley wrote:Hey Eric. I was in the early stages of garnering interest for a 14er ski descent Saturday. Looking to ski something I haven't yet. Let me know if any of these ideas interest you...

La Plata via the northwest ridge.

Columbia via Frenchman Creek. I think this route is skiable right now and most if not all avy terrain can be avoided. Although the winter closure appears to be around 8,500ft. Someone can please correct me if I'm wrong in either regard.

Maybe Cameron.
My Brain Stops at Treeline but my Soles will Summit

Postby tmathews » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 am

maverick_manley wrote:Hey Carl / Eric, I'd be interested in Columbia... I've climbed the other options listed in this thread. Let me know if you guys decide on it... or maybe Blanca? Cheers!

Ellingwood had some very ski-able lines last weekend, Prakash.

Postby Beachrodney » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 am

Im in for a Saturday trip! Let me know what you guys decide on.

Postby IncrediBill85 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:27 am

Hey Eric, I'd be interested in joining you for a Saturday descent. I'm down for almost anything as long as the conditions look favorable.

Postby Gueza » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:42 am

Awesome,

Columbia or La Platta could work for me. Its suppose to snow Thursday and Friday so there will quite a bit of trail-breaking to be done(nothing wrong with some pow pow). Anybody going out of the Springs? If so we could carpool. I could drive to Denver if it came down to it.

Lets get some times planned and a meeting place.

~Eric

"Never Stop" - AJS

Postby charlie_ice » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:40 am

What kind of boots do you all use and do you recomment it? I've been on a pair of Garmont Ski/Mountaineering boots for 5 years now and it is time for a new pair.
I go into REI and Wild Exchange but they are like $400-$700 and can't decide.
I wish I could join you all this weekend but I have to work Sat night, blah.

Next