Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Humboldt Re-do, 3/5

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Humboldt Re-do, 3/5

Postby tmathews » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm looking to re-do Humboldt (east ridge) this Saturday, 3/5, since I was thwarted a couple weeks ago. I would like to start between 5-5:30. The weather's looking alright at this point -- just 30% chance of precip with calm winds, so hopefully it will be an okay day.

Anyone want to come along?

Re: Humboldt Re-do, 3/5

Postby tmathews » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm

anna wrote:Wish I could as I really enjoyed Humboldt, but already have other mountains lined up this weekend. Weather's looking like it might be pretty darn awesome this weekend!

Whatcha got lined up?

Postby big_red_pride » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Hey there...I might be interested in going with. I'm waiting to confirm on a co-worker to see if we are going shoeing this weekend, if not I would like to go. Are you going up Friday night and camping out or are you leaving from the Springs? How's the avalanche danger? I live in Parker, if you are leaving from the Springs on Saturday morning and I'm able to go maybe we could meet up somewhere and car pool. I will keep you posted. I will know by Thursday if I will have other plans.

Steve

Postby tmathews » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:38 am

big_red_pride wrote:Hey there...I might be interested in going with. I'm waiting to confirm on a co-worker to see if we are going shoeing this weekend, if not I would like to go. Are you going up Friday night and camping out or are you leaving from the Springs? How's the avalanche danger? I live in Parker, if you are leaving from the Springs on Saturday morning and I'm able to go maybe we could meet up somewhere and car pool. I will keep you posted. I will know by Thursday if I will have other plans.

Steve

Hey, Steve. I'll just be leaving the morning of. It's a pretty avy-safe route as it's along a big ridge. Let me know if you want to go and we'll make arrangements for carpooling.

Anyone else interested?

Postby tmathews » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:38 am

BTW, it looks like the forecast improved slightly -- only 10% chance of snow with calm winds. Even though the area might get a couple of inches of new snow on Friday, I'm not too concerned.

Postby big_red_pride » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Awesome! I will let you know tomorrow if I'm able to make it and then we can make arrangements to meet.

Postby tmathews » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 am

Looks like Saturday's weather is going to be good! The NWS dropped the possibility of precip altogether although it looks like the area may get a few inches tomorrow. Anyone not made plans for Saturday yet?

Postby javy20040 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:23 am

Hey Terry!

I hope you are doing well. If I don't ski tomorrow Friday, I will be interested in doing Humboldt with you on Saturday. I will let you know tonight.

Javier
The Mountains, my passion!
The love of the mountains is in my heart, which spreads to the blood which I bleed.
The passion of climbing is in my skin, which is shed when I sweat.
Climbing mountains isn't something that you do; it's a part of you.

Postby tmathews » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:30 am

javy20040 wrote:Hey Terry!

I hope you are doing well. If I don't ski tomorrow Friday, I will be interested in doing Humboldt with you on Saturday. I will let you know tonight.

Javier

Hey, Javier! There's a southeast gully on Humboldt that may be skiable by now; unfortunately, we won't know until we summit, but I thought I'd throw that out there. Skinning up the east ridge would be a difficult task, though, because of trees and the ridge being pretty wind-swept.

Postby javy20040 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:31 am

Terry!

Lets do it on Saturday! I think I will drive from Denver Friday afternoon and sleep at the trail-head. Are you taking skis with you?
If we can't ski the gully, at list we could ski down from 12000 feet. Please, tell me what do you think about skiing.

Call me or send me your number to talk more about Saturday.

javier
(720) 217-8836
The love of the mountains is in my heart, which spreads to the blood which I bleed.

Postby tmathews » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:34 am

javy20040 wrote:Terry!

Lets do it on Saturday! I think I will drive from Denver Friday afternoon and sleep at the trail-head. Are you taking skis with you?
If we can't ski the gully, at list we could ski down from 12000 feet. Please, tell me what do you think about skiing.

Call me or send me your number to talk more about Saturday.

javier
(720) 217-8836

Nope, no skis, unfortunately. You'll have an easier time getting back to the trailhead with them on, though.

Steve (big_red_pride) and I will be carpooling down from the Springs that morning. We'll meet you at the TH between 5:00-5:15 or so.

Postby javy20040 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:41 am

Sounds good!

which trail-head, Rainbow Trail at the winter closure?

Next