Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mt. Evans Ascent/Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Mt. Evans Ascent/Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon

Postby Redleg Bruce » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:15 am

The marathon is in May and the Mt. Evans ascent is in June on the 18th. Marathon is in Aurora and self explanatory, Mt. Evans ascent is 14.5 miles from 10,600 on the road up Mt. Evans to the summit. Anyone interested in doing these and if in the Springs area doing some high elevation runs for the Mt. Evans Ascent together?
Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU... WOOOO!

Field Artillery go BOOM!

Re: Mt. Evans Ascent/Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon

Postby mtgirl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:25 am

Hey Bruce. Not sure if you're familiar with Matt Carpenter's "Incline Club", but they do scheduled training runs a couple days per week, year-round, on trails around Manitou Springs (Barr, Waldo, etc.). No cost, and there are a lot of good altitude runners involved. Go here for more information, http://www.inclineclub.com/home.htm.

I ran the Mt. Evans Ascent a few years ago, so if you decide to do it and have any questions, just let me know. Hope all is well for you overseas.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

Postby strongmelon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:35 pm

mtgirl wrote:"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

You got that right!

I can't remember if it was deep sea diving off of Nikuoromoro or when I hitched a ride with the Russians into space, but my oxygen apparatus failed miserably! Losing consciousness, I felt the draw of the afterlife and all its glories. Well kids, you know what I did? I copped out and chose to come back here to the physical world. I fought my way back to brilliancy and fixed the problem with my apparatus, thus saving not only myself but my friends who were either diving or riding to space with me.

The motto here is to never give up!

Postby Redleg Bruce » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks for the link! I already went and registered myself for their newsletter. Excited about getting back and running with those guys.

strongmelon wrote:
mtgirl wrote:"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

You got that right!

I can't remember if it was deep sea diving off of Nikuoromoro or when I hitched a ride with the Russians into space, but my oxygen apparatus failed miserably! Losing consciousness, I felt the draw of the afterlife and all its glories. Well kids, you know what I did? I copped out and chose to come back here to the physical world. I fought my way back to brilliancy and fixed the problem with my apparatus, thus saving not only myself but my friends who were either diving or riding to space with me.

The motto here is to never give up!

Really? What the hell is this?
Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU... WOOOO!

Field Artillery go BOOM!