Forum

Sawatch - Jan 15

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Sawatch - Jan 15

Postby Yikes » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:49 am

Anyone tromping around on saturday? I wouldn't mind getting out and attempting something in the Sawatch.

Re: Sawatch - Jan 15

Postby tmathews » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:51 am

I'm heading out to Yale on Saturday with my buddy, Brian (lakecityrat). We may or may not have two more friends who are debating joining us. We want to be on the trail by 7:00. Feel free to join us if you'd like.

Terry

Postby Papillon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:07 pm

My partner and I are game for something on Saturday.
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Jim, Terry, Kevin - we'll likely be in the Sawatch tomorrow - remind me to give you guys a conditions report if you like.

Jim

Postby nathanlee05 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Looks like my plans fell through for this weekend. Could I join? --Nate.

Postby Papillon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Yikes wrote:Anyone tromping around on saturday? I wouldn't mind getting out and attempting something in the Sawatch.

Yikes, you over the plague yet? I've been dancing the "aztec two-step" for about nine days now. It was fun for the first 72 hours but not any more.

I should've poached the trench on yale last Saturday but failed elsewhere. Hence, I feel I need to redeem myself.

My Plan B for this weekend is a front range 13er if the weather leaks or nothing materializes.

Dancesatmoonrise wrote:Jim, Terry, Kevin - we'll likely be in the Sawatch tomorrow - remind me to give you guys a conditions report if you like.

Thanks for the offer, dances. Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs

Postby Yikes » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:17 am

yeah, i think im at least 95%. good enough for a try.

yale sounds good with me. i may show up a little early (6:30ish) and start trudging up the trail. i'll be in a silver Trooper or green Passat (probably the Trooper).

will have to see how badly the trench was filled in from this week's snow.

Postby d_baker » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:19 am

Papillon wrote:My Plan B for this weekend is a front range 13er if the weather leaks or nothing materializes.

What are you looking at for Front Range?
I might be interested...

-Darin

Postby Papillon » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:36 am

d_baker wrote:
Papillon wrote:My Plan B for this weekend is a front range 13er if the weather leaks or nothing materializes.

What are you looking at for Front Range?
I might be interested...

-Darin

Kelso is the one I've been looking at for a while. I've been up in Stevens Gulch this time of year before so I know where to deviate my route. Bard and Parnassus are also of interest but I haven't done much research into the route in winter. I'm open to other peaks as well.

Right now, Sawatch forecast looks pretty good.

Postby tmathews » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:35 am

I'm still not quite sure if it's just going to be Brian and me or if we're going to have two more in our group for Yale, but any and all are welcome if you're interested.

Postby Ridge runner » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:53 am

I'm looking to do something this weekend as well. The weather in the Sawatch looks best so far, but I'd also be up for some front range 13ers. Let me know what you guys decided and I may try to join you.

Postby d_baker » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:14 pm

slynn4_13run wrote:I'm looking to do something this weekend as well. The weather in the Sawatch looks best so far, but I'd also be up for some front range 13ers. Let me know what you guys decided and I may try to join you.

Anything in mind for the Sawatch? I'm open to whatever, with the exception of Yale since I did it last week, so I wouldn't mind doing something different. (Plus, I'm leading a CMC trip up in Feb.)

Papillon wrote:Right now, Sawatch forecast looks pretty good.

Pap...are you looking at Yale or something else in the Sawatch?

Darin

Next