Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Rock climbing in Boulder

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Rock climbing in Boulder

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:13 pm

bergsteigen wrote:
Dancesatmoonrise wrote:...anyone actually looking for a partner to climb this weekend?

If the fall gathering wasn't this weekend, then yeah.

I have a 10 punch pass to the BRC that I'm looking to use again. Since soon the only outdoor climbing may be limited to weekends. I haven't tried Movement yet, but as a couple coworkers go there, I may have to look into it.

Hey, Otina, you guys ever get down to Shelf? Climbing's good there all winter, as I'm sure you know. It would be fun to hook up. My favorite winter areas there are Sand Gulch, especially the Bulge Wall, and some of the south facing areas in the Bank.

Postby whit12 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:42 am

I can't make it to the fall gathering so I think we may go to The Dog House in CCC Saturday. I don't know if it's the best beginner area but if anyone wants to join shoot me a pm.
http://mountainproject.com/v/colorado/golden/clear_creek_canyon/105744847

Postby LTbear » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:06 am

I'd be interested in getting together for some climbing practice. I have very little experience with ropes, besides a class I took back in college. Definitely something I need to work on.

Postby kara » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:26 pm

bergsteigen wrote:I have a 10 punch pass to the BRC that I'm looking to use again. Since soon the only outdoor climbing may be limited to weekends. I haven't tried Movement yet, but as a couple coworkers go there, I may have to look into it.

I'm a member at BRC (but I live in Golden and would be totally down with ferrying folks to Boulder if need-be). I've actually been considering canceling my membership because I lost one partner to a cross-country move and the other is student teaching this semester so we can only go once a week if we're lucky (so basically each climb is costing me ~$20-30! #-o ). If I canceled I might go the punch card route there AND check out Movement.

Last spring I was topping 11s, and had just started to lead (up to 9+), but after a summer almost completely off I'm back down to low 10s and the leading is VERY rusty!!

I'm free on Tuesdays and would LOVE to find a consistent partner to climb with late morning/lunch time, but at this point I'm pretty desperate--anyone, anytime!
Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence. --Hermann Buhl

Postby Winter8000m » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:13 pm

whit12 wrote:I can't make it to the fall gathering so I think we may go to The Dog House in CCC Saturday. I don't know if it's the best beginner area but if anyone wants to join shoot me a pm.
http://mountainproject.com/v/colorado/golden/clear_creek_canyon/105744847

+1 Awesome overhang
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Postby areed20 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 pm

I am not sure if any Boulder group actually formed but I am definitely still interested in forming something. A little background about myself I am 21 and a college student. I am a beginner in rock climbing but I want to get into it much more. I own a harness, shoes, and a helmet. I have taken an intro class and I recently began climbing at a gym back at school. I have only done top roping but I would love to get into trad eventually. I am strongly considering getting a gym membership back here for the summer (Movement or BRC). I would like to get with some more experienced partners (or a mentor) and some people who are around my skill level on some real rock. It would be awesome to get a regular group formed in Boulder. I know there are plenty of places in Boulder and we can always switch it up and go to Golden as well. I am thinking once or twice (maybe more) a week after work (6 ish). Maybe one day in Boulder and the other in Golden.

Bottom line, I just want to start rock climbing on a weekly basis. I'll belay for someone I do not mind. I just want to learn more about the sport from experienced people and start doing it on a weekly basis. I know a lot of people responded to this thread but I would like to see if we can set something up.

Postby Peakjumper » Tue May 10, 2011 8:09 am

Well I don't live in Boulder but I do live in Golden and would be down to climb anytime that you want to head down this way. I do not trad climb yet, but do want to learn. I have been climbing for about three years and am comfortable leading sport up to 5.10c or so. I am always looking for like minded people to get out with and climb rock, snow, whatever, I just want to keep gaining experience.

Previous