Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climbing partners Dec 18-28 and Jan 10-Feb 10

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Climbing partners Dec 18-28 and Jan 10-Feb 10

Postby happymtnclimber » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Hello all!

I am taking a month off to climb before going back to work. I am looking for partners anytime in these dates for anything from a day trip to multiday challenge. I am comfortable on snow and rock through class 5. I would love to have some more challenging days, but am also very happy with something as simple as a long winter class 1 14er. I also ski, and would like to incorporate skiing at times. I have all winter gear, and a bomber winter tent (Nemo Moki). In some cases I also have doubles (crampons, ice axe, microspikes, avy beacon) so if those things would limit anyone I am happy to lend.

I have my WEMT and have taken a few avalanche classes. I tend to think of myself as cautious climber more than anything, have spent some very humbling time in AK, the cascades, and 14ers here in CO. I am based out of Avon/Vail area but can drive wherever.

Message me with interests and ideas, looking forward to meeting some people and going on winter adventures!

Re: Climbing partners Dec 18-28 and Jan 10-Feb 10

Postby ash-ish » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:51 pm

I will be in Colorado between Dec 25 and 29 and am interested in climbing easy/moderate technical ridge which requires ice and crampons and may be a short section of easy class 5 on ropes (ex: East Ridge on Mt. Bancroft in Indian Peaks). Please let me know if you are interested.

Skills: ice axe and crampons, sport leading up to 5.8, some experience with roping up, and basic avalanche awareness.
Experience: Dragons tail couloir, Mt. Hood solo, First flatiron (follower), A few winter hikes.

I am a flatlander and have not been so regular with my workouts lately - but I am in average shape. I am generally a safe climber and turn around if I do not feel comfortable.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.