Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

South Maroon (& Poss Pyramid) early August

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

South Maroon (& Poss Pyramid) early August

Postby mountainlover153 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Hey All! I realize this is very far in the future at this point, but I need climbing partners for the above 14ers sometime between August 5th and 17th. In the past I've gone with my mother, however she is (unfortunately) getting to the age at which class 3/4 peaks (esp w/ somewhat quick turnaround) are more dangerous than the reward they offer. I've already climbed a couple class 3's (Crestone Needle & Wetterhorn), and made it to the ridge on S. Maroon before being forced back by unfavorable wx. Because I live in PA and will only be out for a bit over 2 weeks, I need a bit of advance planning on the peaks I'm going to attempt & who I'm going with.

If interested PM me or reply below!

---

Re: South Maroon (& Poss Pyramid) early August

Postby bguindon » Mon May 20, 2013 1:39 pm

both are on my list for this year. have to get back with you as my hiking buddy is doing them as well. he finishes this year so i'm building my schedule around his for the most part.

Postby spiderman » Mon May 20, 2013 3:32 pm

We will be doing the S. Maroon/Pyramid combo this year, likely in August. The first weekend is already booked for us, but we might be interested in the second weekend if that timing works out for you.

Postby mountainlover153 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:36 am

At present, my plan is in fact to do these climbs sometime during the second week in August. I am coming from sea level, so I'll be using the first week to do class 1s & 2s to acclimate (etc). In any case, I'll send both of you PMs.
---

Postby Jeff_F » Fri May 24, 2013 10:24 pm

I also have Pyramid as a to do on my list this year. I haven't really decided a time frame but August could work for me. I'm preferring a weekend hike if others are looking for the same.
The mountains are calling and I must go.
- - John Muir