Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Sat Climb?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Sat Climb?

Postby forbins_mtn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:50 pm

The knife edge is nothing.

ChrisinAZ - I'd be up for starting to research the SW slopes of Gray's. I've never been up Chihuahua

I'd also be interested in DeCaliBron. I just need out. I keep getting horrible weather every day I have off this winter

Postby glacierfox » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm

forbins_mtn wrote:The knife edge is nothing.

I'm convinced. Though Chihuahua could be cool too, but looks like the CAIC "danger rose" is now equal on all aspects.

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 pm

Dammit, would you guys quit taunting me??!! #-o

Postby forbins_mtn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:45 am

Dancesatmoonrise wrote:

never! muahahahaha! i like your spirit though. nothing like busting balls to keep the energy up! but in all seriousness, that knife edge of Torrey's is pretty disappointing. The knife edge on Capitol which I'm taking down on Saturday will be much better! \:D/

Postby seth0687 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:42 am

you'll are some crazy SOB's.

Postby forbins_mtn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:50 am

i highly doubt it's gonna happen, Seth. Nothing is clearing up. I still have hope - but it's fading fast (which sucks because it's going to be a gorgeous day). I'll probably hit the slopes

Postby glacierfox » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:59 am

I'm still holding on to hope, looks like the CAIC info improved a touch and the weather looks great. Think I might push just to get out there and if conditions look sketchy turn back.

Postby griff410 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:43 pm

forbins_mtn wrote:
Dancesatmoonrise wrote:

never! muahahahaha! i like your spirit though. nothing like busting balls to keep the energy up! but in all seriousness, that knife edge of Torrey's is pretty disappointing. The knife edge on Capitol which I'm taking down on Saturday will be much better! \:D/

Yeah now that I've seen the latest pics it does look pretty tame. I wouldn't think snow would accumulate like that right there, wind must not be too terrible. Yeah Capitol def looks a bit more sheer and awesome.

Postby Stereo311 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Just trying to figure out who all is in for Saturday and if Kelso ridge is still an option. This is what I would like to attempt for Saturday. Please post if your in with start time and location. I would like to shoot for Kelso ridge with a 6 am start. I can and will start later, or earlier.

Postby glacierfox » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Griff and I are in for an attempt on Kelso ridge. We're meeting at the dino lots at 5 am, should put us at the trailhead in-time for a 6am start. Stereo you have thoughts on the decent? We're looking to avoid the standard decent that crosses that face of Gray's.

Postby forbins_mtn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:43 pm

I see a few options: 1) from recent photos there isn't barely any snow on the peaks anyway, so going down the standard trail of Gray's is ok 2) coming back down the Kelso Ridge or 3) plant a car on Loveland Pass so we can descend over Grizzly and Cupid

or we go up from the Loveland Pass side - makes for a longer day, however we're gonna have to park the car pretty low on the road up to the standard G/T TH

Postby glacierfox » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Forbins - so you're in to, does a 6am-ish start work for you? Looks like we have at least four confirmed by my count. Griff410 and I won't break any records with our pace, just FYI.

PreviousNext