Rob Jansen Memorial Event (RJansen77)

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
LuLuLuv
14ers: 58 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Rob Jansen Memorial Event (RJansen77)

Post by LuLuLuv »

I would really like to attend but have a previous family commitment. I will certainly be thinking of Rob, his family, his friends and the rest of the 14er community.
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Post by SurfNTurf »

In Cheesman we're near 11th and Humboldt.
DaveSwink
14ers: 37  12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (6)

Post by DaveSwink »

Great reception. So many people sharing fond stories of Rob.
MountainMedic
14ers: 58  3  1 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (3)

Post by MountainMedic »

Thanks so much to all who came. I know Rob's parents appreciated your presence greatly, and I'm sure I speak for all of Rob's friends when I say it was great seeing so many great people gathered together in his honor.

I'm headed back east in less than a week, but look forward to getting to know many of you better when I get back (February). Let's hike, ski, climb, and whatever else is fun as soon as possible. Peace out until 2013...

-Tyler
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

What an amazing tribute to Rob Jansen (rjansen77) at his memorial event last night. Here is the slide show we put together with the help of the "Brats" and his sister Elizabeth Jansen. It contains some of Rob's favorite pictures and three of his favorite songs. Thanks to everyone who came out last night. We will carry Rob's memory with us on every summit from now until the time we meet again. We love you!

“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
jmc5040
14ers: 58  38  1 
13ers: 30 4 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by jmc5040 »

It was great to see how everyone close to Rob pulled together and threw a great celebration for his life. I didn't know Rob, but read much of what he wrote on this site and thought it would be good to show support, so thank you for opening up and welcoming others to this. It was nice to meet many of you as well.

Jordan
"My senses become heightened and the stresses of life fade with each step I take further from civilization. When I'm in the wilderness my brain and body work seamlessly together to do their finest work - a single flowing track down one of natures high peaks." - Jeremy Jones

http://berthoudpass.org/