Missing hiker on Mt Bierstadt/ Mt Evans

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BHallDDS
14ers: 18 
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Missing hiker on Mt Bierstadt/ Mt Evans

Post by BHallDDS »

Everytime I hear something like this it hits home and makes me realize how deadly and unforgiving the mountains truly can be. Weather can turn at any moment, rocks can give out, etc. I used to do much more solo hiking but now more than ever, I always try and go with at least someone else. Having another set of eyes and another mind sometimes save you from disaster. RIP Clint.
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

I'm sorry for the family. R.I.P.
SolarAlex
14ers: 35  13  5 
13ers: 92 23 5
Trip Reports (21)

Post by SolarAlex »

major bummer...good reminder of how dangerous these mountains are...rip
Vincit Qui Patitur
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

This is very sad to hear. Condolences to his family and friends.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

May Clint rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. I'm sorry for your loss.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
Shawnee Bob
14ers: 22 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Shawnee Bob »

Ugh. Peace to his wife, family and friends. Much thanks to SAR for their efforts to help those in distress. Let's stay safe out there folks.
Because life's too short to be an indoor cat.

http://proactiveoutside.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alpine Rescue Team
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Alpine Rescue Team »

Here are a couple of corrections from our 02:00am original post. It is now understood that our hiker summitted Mt Bierstadt around 10:00am on Tuesday and called his wife from the summit. A second call from the hiker to his wife was made around 12:45 from the summit of Mt Evans but did not go through. It is believed that the hiker was returning to the summit of Mt Bierstadt later that afternoon. From the National Weather Service it is understood that a severe thunderstorm occurred in the area on Tuesday afternoon. Again, we are all saddened by the outcome of this.
bcm1234
14ers: 22 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by bcm1234 »

RIP Clint. May God help is wife though this trying time. :(
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

My condolences to his family and friends.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
Mike Cormier
14ers: 45  9 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mike Cormier »

Such sad news.....my prayers and sympathy for his wife, family and friends. Rest in peace.
albmanizan
14ers: 5 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by albmanizan »

This is such a horrible thing to hear. Myself and a friend encountered a Clear Creek County Sheriff who was asking about him when we hit the parking lot after we finished the Tour De Abyss around 6 pm. My heart goes out to his family and friends.
anasarca76
14ers: 57 
13ers: 33
Trip Reports (5)

Post by anasarca76 »

RIP... thoughts and prayers to his friends and family