Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Grarage Sale

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Grarage Sale

Postby CorduroyCalves » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:00 pm

Did anyone here go/have success? I got a Therm-a-rest Prolite 4, an air pump, and a pair of "monster footprint" snowshoes for my boy. How did everyone else do?
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir

Postby Gossnath » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:08 pm

For any Fort Collins 14er fans JAX is having a pretty good sale this weekend as well.
Sorry shameless plug. I do work there.

Postby ccunnin » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:40 am

JAX on-line isn't working.
He who controls the spice, controls the universe.

Postby 2_Salukis » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:19 am

My best deal was a TNF Tadpole 23 for $68 and the footprint for $9.

Problem with the tent? It was missing the stuff sack and stakes.
Problem with the footprint? Nothing, and when I got home and pulled it out, out fell five never-used TNF stakes.

Also picked up two Solio solar chargers for a total of $70. I'm still testing them out, but so far, they've checked out after charging using the wall unit. And they send power to both my GPS and cell phone (but they were almost fully charges to begin with). We'll see when it comes to the sun. Anyone have any experience with these?

Postby ADKben » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:33 am

was looking at those for next summers backpacking trips; ebay has em new for like 50-60 bucks each; but if u got 2 for 70 and they both work that is a GREAT deal ; keep me posted on how these work if u get a chance to test them out anytime soon!