Mexican Blankets

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
beerhiker
14ers: 10 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Mexican Blankets

Post by beerhiker »

This may be a odd question but anyone know where you can buy Mexican blankets in the Denver/Boulder area? I like to use for car camping, I checked Amazon but looks a little sketch on what you may end up with.
Thanks!
tjmartn1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Mexican Blankets

Post by tjmartn1 »

Not sure if this qualifies as "the area", but the RMNP gift shops all had tons of them for like $15 a pop.
acidchylde
14ers: 30 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by acidchylde »

Truck stops that have large gift/souvenir sections. Possibly the surplus store over on Broadway. While I don't know specifics, I can't imagine there not being a store within any given mile radius somewhere that has them. Heck just do a quick Google on "Mexican Blanket Denver" and saw a couple of dedicated stores. Wouldn't be surprised to see them at 'head' shops in Boulder either. Farm/ranch/cowboy stores. Here up north I could suggest a couple, but not sure what's in the Denver area.
the toninator
14ers: 22 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by the toninator »

we used to go down oncet a year and buy stuff, lots of blankes and such and get hammered on cheap margaritia's. Havent been since all the drug violence. Down to my last 3 blankets. May have to buy from a store :(
sarahhaubert
14ers: 40  7 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (2)

Post by sarahhaubert »

There's a yoga store in downtown Arvada next to the army surplus store. They have them.
beerhiker
Trip Reports (0)

Post by beerhiker »

Thanks for all the replys, I'll check some of these out.
madbuck
Trip Reports (6)

Post by madbuck »

Mile High Flea Market?

Last time I was there, I was able to get a flashlight, some produce, a pair of shoes, and a suitcase...Maybe they have blankets too?

Seriously, I'm with you on using them for camping. Lechuga know what you find locally!
eyekwah
Trip Reports (0)

Post by eyekwah »

This place is on Broadway and you can call and arrange to go in as well. We bought several for nights around the fire pit when it is cold outside.

http://www.incazteca.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beerhiker
Trip Reports (0)

Post by beerhiker »

Twisted Pine in Estes has them, $20.