Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Coyote Ugly

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: Coyote Ugly

Postby Tempelton » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:04 pm

73rd and Niwot Road?? I drive by there a lot going to work. I usually have to drive really fast and swerve to avoid all of the coyotes that lunge at my car.

Postby BostonBD » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:04 am

I wonder if their food source was affected by the flooding. It seems way out of character. I photograph coyotes almost daily. There is a den of 6 that I pass by and they are extremely timid. There are dogs in my neighborhood that are scary but, not coyotes.

Postby Crestoner » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:57 am

There is genetic evidence that the "coyotes" in these areas and the NE US may be some level of hybrid between gray wolves and coyotes. The size of these animals, plus this seemingly anomalous aggressive (towards humans) behavior, is consistent with introgression of wolf genetics into the coyote gene pool.

Postby peter303 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:19 am

I see some about once a week when I am running.
They are are rather shy EXCEPT when yo get enar a bitches den. or if there is more than one.

Postby timstich » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:03 am

It's interesting that we are reading this story on a UK website when it happened right here in our state. I guess that news is just ho-hum in Boulder. Ha.

Previous