Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Coyote Ugly

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Coyote Ugly

Postby painless4u2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Man savagely attacked by three coyotes when his car broke down had to use his flashlight to beat them off

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2465131/Man-attacked-coyotes-fixed-car-uses-flashlight-beat-away.html#ixzz2i1wQJOGK
coyote attack.jpg
coyote attack.jpg (27.15 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

Flashlight? I thought that's what they made Kimber 45's for.
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

Bad decisions often make good stories.

"Well, that didn't go as expected." - Brett Maune

Re: Coyote Ugly

Postby Oman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:27 pm

painless4u2 wrote:Man savagely attacked by three coyotes when his car broke down had to use his flashlight to beat them off

Man, this board ain't what it used to be. This post has been up 29 minutes and nobody asks the obvious: How do you beat off three coyotes with a flashlight?

Postby painless4u2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Well, you take out the batteries and...oh never mind. :roll:
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

Postby 12ersRule » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:29 pm

This story is a load of crap. It keeps alternating between coyotes and dogs, which is it really? Unfortunately, whenever man suffers because of an animal attack, fear reigns supreme and ultimately the animals lose.

Postby MonGoose » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:43 pm

I have a hard time believing that coyotes would do this, while a pack of dogs seems much more likely.

Postby highpilgrim » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Last edited by highpilgrim on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Postby painless4u2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Yeah, but then there's this:

Wildlife officials said it is very uncharacteristic behavior of coyotes, which is why they have actually found two of the animals and put them down. They are now actively searching for the third coyote because they don’t want to see the vicious behavior play out in anyone else

This from: http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Colorado-Man-Survives-Coyote-Pack-Attack-228163521.html

Postby geojed » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:09 pm

ZOMG! Here's the attack in action!!!!! Guess he didn't tip them well enough and they must have attacked him in the parking lot... :-"
Attachments
coyote_20ugly.jpg
coyote_20ugly.jpg (74.33 KiB) Viewed 972 times
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby 12ersRule » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:31 pm

painless4u2 wrote:Yeah, but then there's this:

Wildlife officials said it is very uncharacteristic behavior of coyotes, which is why they have actually found two of the animals and put them down. They are now actively searching for the third coyote because they don’t want to see the vicious behavior play out in anyone else

This from: http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Colorado-Man-Survives-Coyote-Pack-Attack-228163521.html

How do they know they've got the right ones? Flashlight dents? Police sketch? Here's a sketch of a menace to society from our past:

Coyoteslate.jpg
Vicious killer
Coyoteslate.jpg (4.11 KiB) Viewed 943 times

Postby TallGrass » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Oman wrote:How do you beat off three coyotes with a flashlight?
Maybe they mistyped a vowel? :oops:
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Postby Lady McClimbsalot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:53 pm

Oman wrote:
painless4u2 wrote:Man savagely attacked by three coyotes when his car broke down had to use his flashlight to beat them off

Man, this board ain't what it used to be. This post has been up 29 minutes and nobody asks the obvious: How do you beat off three coyotes with a flashlight?

^Question of the week. =D>
I'll climb till I dye!

Next