Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

PSA: $10 Trek Pole, free ship

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

PSA: $10 Trek Pole, free ship

Postby TallGrass » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Only good for the next hour or so (8pm mountain, 9pm central). Can't tell manufacturer, nor what color you'd get, nor weight, but for $10 delivered ($20/pair), could be nice for tarp tent, casual hiker, see if poles are "you", or giving to a friend and saying "hey, let's go try out your new pole(s) next weekend on Mt. Xyz." :twisted:

"Retractable 3 Section Walking Stick w/ Compass & Built-In Anti-Shock Spring - SHIPS FREE!" from http://www.thatdailydeal.com/

Looks the same as this Ebay one and was sold for $7.50 with coupon earlier so, hmm... :-k I've no experience with them regarding durability or such.

Image Image
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Re: PSA: $10 Trek Pole, free ship

Postby kansas » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Walmart sells a flick lock pole for $17.50 that is surprisingly good. I think an ultra cheap screw lock model would last about half a mile.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby zdero1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Don't know if these are the right ones for me, but I'm definitely in the market for new poles after a marmot got ahold of them. I always wondered why ppl hated marmots. Now I know.

PM sent to the OP.

Postby bigredmachine » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:14 pm

I've got 6 hikes on my $20 walmart poles, and there still fully functioning. Its all gravy from here...