Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Backcountry.com Return Policy

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Backcountry.com Return Policy

Postby Double Oh Seven » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Just noticed this today as I bought something off the website. I called them and asked and they said they made some changes about 2 months ago.

Still looks like a real good return policy...

"Not stoked with your gear? Looking to return it or make an exchange? No problem. If your new and unused gear just doesn’t fit your needs, we will issue you a full refund. If your gear fails, at anytime, we will also issue you a full credit. No questions asked.

You can return your new purchase at anytime after purchase
Products must be in the condition you received them in and the original box and/or packaging
We do accept used gear – as long as it is received within 90 days of purchase date – and we will issue a credit for full purchase price"

Re: Backcountry.com Return Policy

Postby boleslav » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:04 pm

what is the most important for me is this part of the warranty, which, unfortunately is not the case with REI's revised policy.

If your gear fails, at anytime, we will also issue you a full credit.

Postby Kent McLemore » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:23 am

I just recieved a refund from BC.com for the return of a Montbell vest that didn't fit. No questions asked, no problems encountered.
"Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." - John Muir

Postby MonGoose » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:31 pm

I've had great success with BC's return policy and their customer service.

Postby Klinger1986 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Honestly, I'm thrilled that they amended their return policy. Too many people were taking advantage of a great company. I can't count how many forums I have visited that advocated returning used gear at the end of a season, because Backcountry would except it. I agree with Boleslav, the best part of the return policy remains. You can return any gear that fails you. It is nice to know that your expensive equipment has an insurance policy beyond manufacture warranty, and that is why I buy all my equipment through them.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” -Dr. Seuss

Postby Theodore » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:53 am

I've never dealt with their return policy, but I will say they have some of the best customer service of any company I've done business with.

Postby HikerCurt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:27 am

I've never had to use their return policy but I have a coworker who was very impressed when he did. He is a serious fly fisherman and I mentioned to him a sale on fly reels on Steepandcheap. He ended up ordering a blue reel to match a rod he had built. The price was unbeatable, however when it arrived he realized he should have ordered the smaller size so he called SAC since the reels were no longer 'on sale'. They told him to send it back and they would send the smaller reel to him immediately. He sent the larger reel back and the smaller reel arrived the next day, 2 days after the phone call.