Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Boulder Area Rescue/Skills Practice

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: Boulder Area Rescue/Skills Practice

Postby Brian C » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:00 am

Next Wednesday?
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth

Postby GregMiller » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 am

Sounds good to me, I could do 4:30 or later (and would be fine joining a group in progress).
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby DaveSwink » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:23 am

Works for me :-D

Postby Steve Climber » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 am

You know you can count me in.
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby metalmountain » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:18 am

That should work fine for me!
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby MountainSlayer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:24 am

I just realized we are a week ahead of where I thought we were - next week is the 4th of July! I will be heading out on Wednesday to take my wife up Sunlight, Windom and Eolus. Please let us know if you can do another of these, in the future.
Last edited by MountainSlayer on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby metalmountain » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:37 am

Brian, where were you thinking? Last time I did this with you it was in Gregory Canyon, but most of that is closed off for Raptor Love Making season I believe.

Also, I have a rack I can bring consisting of full set cams (doubles of most sizes), some hexes, nuts and larger tri cams as well. If it would help for me to bring it all just let me know!
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby CarpeDM » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Brian,
I'm also interested, but can't really say when a good time would be for me (next Wednesday is out). So I hope to join the next one if you get one established.
"Skepticism is the first step towards truth." - Denis Diderot
"It is not what the man of science believes that distinguishes him, but how and why he believes it. His beliefs are tentative, not dogmatic; they are based on evidence, not on authority or intuition." - Bertrand Russell
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
"Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory And I ain't saying it ain't a fact. But I've heard that I'm on the road to Purgatory And I don't like the sound of that.
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly. But I choose to let the mystery be" - Iris Dement

Postby DaveSwink » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:40 pm

metalmountain wrote:Brian, where were you thinking? Last time I did this with you it was in Gregory Canyon, but most of that is closed off for Raptor Love Making season I believe.

First Flatironette? Base of 2nd Flatiron?

Postby Brian C » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Lets plan on Wednesday maybe meeting at 4:30 somewhere. I know a spot up Boulder Canyon but am happy to be wherever. As long as there are cracks to build anchors and a short wall wed be set.

Postby metalmountain » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:49 am

Brian C wrote:Lets plan on Wednesday maybe meeting at 4:30 somewhere. I know a spot up Boulder Canyon but am happy to be wherever. As long as there are cracks to build anchors and a short wall wed be set.

BC works for me. I know there is a spot near the top of the Dome where I have done rescue training with the CMC/RMR, and there are a good amount of cracks up there as well if I remember correctly. Plus you can walk up there pretty quickly. But if you have a spot in mind that you know will work that is A-OK with me.

Postby ulvetano » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:52 am

Would love to join also. Can do next weds, but not the week of the 10th

PreviousNext