Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Body system cleanse

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: Body system cleanse

Postby kansas » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Fletch wrote:As most people who have shared a tent with me will tell you, my bowels run hotter than 98 degrees... closer to 140...

That, and the fact that your tentmates should be prepared to see you pee in a bag roughly 87 times per night...you really should come with a warning label.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby TeamDino5280 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:25 pm

CO Native wrote:
tornado wrote:Go vegan! Meat rotting in your colon at 98.6 degrees for a day or two doesn't sound like a good way to detoxify to me. I've never felt better since switching my diet to not only vegan but nutrient dense, simple foods. People scoff at the thought of giving up animal products but it's been like magic for me.

So am I to understand that fruits, vegetables, grains, etc. do not rot in my colon at 98.6 degrees for a day or two?

Not anti vegan, I've seen it do a lot of good for a lot of people, just anti illogical argument.

No the fruits and veggies are not rotting at 98.6 degrees but better yet fermenting, making delicious colon beer. mmmmmmmmm colon beer :iluvbeer:
"Real adventure is defined best as a journey from which you may not come back alive, and certainly not as the same person."
- Yvon Chouinard
"I try to play by the mountain’s rules instead of mine."
- Lou Dawson

Postby Fisching » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:29 pm

kansas wrote:
Fletch wrote:As most people who have shared a tent with me will tell you, my bowels run hotter than 98 degrees... closer to 140...

That, and the fact that your tentmates should be prepared to see you pee in a bag roughly 87 times per night...you really should come with a warning label.

Somewhere, Kushrocks is thinking to himself, "I can top that, easily."
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby TallGrass » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:43 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:I ate a vegetable once, not really for me.
Why? Didn't like having to put her back in the wheelchair?
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Postby kushrocks » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Fisching wrote:
kansas wrote:

Somewhere, Kushrocks is thinking to himself, "I can top that, easily."

Greg . . .. you know me to well. I miss ya bud.

TallGrass wrote:

And we now have in my opinion the funnest comment of 2013. :lol: :lol: :lol:
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby edhaman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:41 pm

"Meat rotting in your colon at 98.6 degrees for a day or two doesn't sound like a good way to detoxify to me."

Nothing is "rotting" in our colon. It is going through the natural process of enzymes breaking it down into substances our bodies can use for energy and maintaining the health of our cells.

The protein from eating meat is directly credited for the development of our brains.

Finally, for the superstitious vegans among you, eating meat must be what God ordained when, in His infinite wisdom, He created the "food chain."

Postby jdorje » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:08 pm

TeamDino5280 wrote:No the fruits and veggies are not rotting at 98.6 degrees but better yet fermenting, making delicious colon beer. mmmmmmmmm colon beer :iluvbeer:

And what food goes best with beer? Meat.
-Jason Dorje Short

Postby Jesse M » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:05 pm

I always feel great after three summit attempts, that's my spring/summer cleanse.

Postby Tony1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:09 pm

TallGrass wrote:

Postby USAKeller » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:05 am

douglas wrote:
USAKeller wrote:Haven't had a chance to look through this whole thread yet so I'm not sure if it's been said, but Glycine (about 1g per day) is a natural liver and kidney detoxifier too.

Umm...so you're detoxifying the detoxifier?

Umm...yes. Glycine helps the process of Glycination - one of the 6 ways the body cleans the liver daily.

Only the liver can purify and remove toxic wastes from the bloodstream, and since we only have one liver, wouldn't it make sense to keep it healthy and cleansed regularly?

Postby susanjoypaul » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:28 am

I've always taken the "tough love" approach to liver health... guzzle half a pint of Everclear every now and then, show it who's boss! The projectile regurgitation that follows is a killer cleanse - pretty much everything I ate in the past week comes out. Sometimes stuff comes out that was supposed to stay put.

Disclaimer: Don't actually do this, it can kill you.

Postby edhaman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:23 pm

As for drinking alcoholic beverages, my doctor always told me: "The liver is evil. It must be punished."

PreviousNext