Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Body system cleanse

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: Body system cleanse

Postby Presto » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:01 pm

by rijaca » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:49 am
I find that copious quantities of tequila and green chile is very effective. I might feel like crap for a couple of days after the treatment, but then I feel great!

+1 ... =D> :detonate: :wft: :-"
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby Dex » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Most of the USA's fascination with the colon and poop come from Kellogg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Creek_Sanitarium

I don't know of another country that is so preoccupied with either.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby greenhorn1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:47 pm

[quote="Dex"]Most of the USA's fascination with the colon and poop come from Kellogg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Creek_Sanitarium

I don't know of another country that is so preoccupied with either.[/quote

If you believe that then apparently our nations lack of sexual appetite must come from his as well... :lol:

"Some of his work on diet was influenced by his belief that a plain and healthy diet, with only two meals a day, among other things, would reduce sexual feelings. Those experiencing temptation were to avoid stimulating food and drinks, and eat very little meat, if any."
Choose only one master - Nature. Rembrandt

Postby CO Native » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:01 pm

tornado wrote:Go vegan! Meat rotting in your colon at 98.6 degrees for a day or two doesn't sound like a good way to detoxify to me. I've never felt better since switching my diet to not only vegan but nutrient dense, simple foods. People scoff at the thought of giving up animal products but it's been like magic for me.

So am I to understand that fruits, vegetables, grains, etc. do not rot in my colon at 98.6 degrees for a day or two?

Not anti vegan, I've seen it do a lot of good for a lot of people, just anti illogical argument.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

Postby MountainHiker » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:27 pm

Fletch wrote:
tornado wrote:Go vegan!

Everyone I know who is vegan has more health problems (bones, skin, hair, energy, digestion, etc), than people who eat like s**t...

What's everyone's take on vegan?

(this should keep the thread rolling for another couple pages... :mrgreen: )

If we weren’t meant to eat animals, why did they make them out of meat?!
The best way to make greens taste good, is to feed them to a cow first!

If somebody is into the pity of it all about killing animals, there’s no arguing with that. (A lot of weed eaters get around to that after telling you about health benefits.) But if you want what we have adapted to, we have been eating animals for many millennia. It’s the modern levels of processing along with economics that make crap food cheaper than real food that are the problem.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Postby douglas » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Is this going to get out of hand?
full-of-delicious-bacon.jpg
full-of-delicious-bacon.jpg (31.92 KiB) Viewed 198 times

Postby Guitarzan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 pm

I went vegan back in 2007 for about 2 years and honestly it was the worst two years I have ever had healthwise. I can't say it was necessarily the vegan diet (maybe I just had a run of bad luck) but since going back to my normal diet I have not really been sick since. Maybe it was the fact that during those 2 years I cut out alcohol as well.....That can make anyone's body rebel..... :-D
"Pain don't hurt."- Patrick Swayze ROAD HOUSE

Postby bergsteigen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 pm

tornado wrote:Go vegan! Meat rotting in your colon at 98.6 degrees for a day or two doesn't sound like a good way to detoxify to me.

Considering gluten, dairy and beans (soy) are digestive irritants, I would have to say those foods rot in my gut! If I want to feel like crap, and be sick for weeks, all I have to do is eat these foods! It's like a bad cleanse...
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby tornado » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:50 pm

CO Native wrote:
tornado wrote:Go vegan! Meat rotting in your colon at 98.6 degrees for a day or two doesn't sound like a good way to detoxify to me. I've never felt better since switching my diet to not only vegan but nutrient dense, simple foods. People scoff at the thought of giving up animal products but it's been like magic for me.

So am I to understand that fruits, vegetables, grains, etc. do not rot in my colon at 98.6 degrees for a day or two?

Not anti vegan, I've seen it do a lot of good for a lot of people, just anti illogical argument.

You tell me. Would you rather eat a t-bone that's been sitting in a most environment at 98.6F for 48 hours or an apple? Yes, the apple would move through your digestive tract faster(fiber). I agree, it's a moot point because it should be obvious what kind of lifestyle a person should have to avoid needing a reason for a body cleanse in the first place, vegan or not.

Postby GregMiller » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:08 pm

tornado wrote:You tell me. Would you rather eat a t-bone that's been sitting in a most environment at 98.6F for 48 hours or an apple? Yes, the apple would move through your digestive tract faster(fiber). I agree, it's a moot point because it should be obvious what kind of lifestyle a person should have to avoid needing a reason for a body cleanse in the first place, vegan or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 'rotting' the bacteria starting to break down the meat? As in, what the bacteria in our guts have evolved to do?
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby Fisching » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:14 pm

I have a degree in History and Education, so I'm pretty that's enough to make me an authoritative figure in this subject.

I suggest this treatment plan - http://www.hulu.com/watch/10304. Use with caution.

PS Why is this in the "Gear, Climbing Prep, and Safety" forum section??
Last edited by Fisching on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby Fisching » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:19 pm

I also see we're lacking a PETA reference.

Image Image
Attachments
default_1.jpg
And who eats a Toucan???
default_1.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 504 times
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

PreviousNext