Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski recommendations?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Ski recommendations?

Postby moff » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Hello, now that skis are starting to go on sale, I'm looking to buy some new ones for the first time in many years. Given that I hit the resorts about 15 times per year (mostly for the bumps), and because I do 2 or 3 backcountry trips per year, I'm looking for a ski that does it all; good on powder, but still good for the bumps too.

If anyone has any ideas or recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Ski recommendations?

Postby habaceeba » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:49 pm

It might help to know a bit more information like your size. What I can recommend if you don't mind buying gear online and are looking for a bargain is to watch steepandcheap.com (through the icon on the 14ers.com homepage) for deals. I've seen several models from Black Diamond pop up recently as they always seem to do this time of year and skis usually run under $350 on SAC.

Postby Dave B » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:02 pm

I asked a similar question just a few days ago and got a lot of really good responses (here)

I've yet to decide exactly what I'm going to get, but I do know that I wish I could fit into the smaller sizes tgat Skilogik offers because they are beautiful and supposed to ski quite well.

And yes, this is definitely the time of year to buy skis, the Skilogics can be had down at Bent Gate for ~$500
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby moff » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:36 pm

As much as I'm on the site, not sure how I missed that one. Thanks for the link.