Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

What's your gear addiction?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: What's your gear addiction?

Postby SikYou » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:40 pm

weareonajourney wrote:Maps. I don't know why, I just love maps!

I must have bought 9 or 10 TI maps this past summer, love em!
"Is it an up hill hike all the way to the summit?" Brian L.

Postby nkan02 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Baselayers for me too. I was going on almost a week-long trip and decided I needed a few more of these. Do you know what it feels like walking into REI store a few hours before departure and finding a midweight Smartwool bottom layer in my size on clearance rack for $20? It turns out I snatched the last one in that SKU for the whole company! Boy, that felt like winning the lottery.:)

Postby USAKeller » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:30 am

I've got problems with backpacks, skis, running shoes, and jackets.

Postby Bean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 am

BenfromtheEast wrote:
Bean wrote:Skis and running shoes. Lucky for me, I'm pretty good at selling off "old" pairs of skis...

Mister Bean, I'm trying real hard not to buy an AT setup...but if you don't mind it on your conscience then feel free to enable.

I have no skis for sale at the moment. There's a new mountaineering ski I'd avalanche a hobo for but it simply isn't available yet. I'm actually quite happy with the rest of my quiver at the moment.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby EatinHardtack » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 am

Bean wrote:
BenfromtheEast wrote:
Bean wrote:Skis and running shoes. Lucky for me, I'm pretty good at selling off "old" pairs of skis...

Mister Bean, I'm trying real hard not to buy an AT setup...but if you don't mind it on your conscience then feel free to enable.

I have no skis for sale at the moment. There's a new mountaineering ski I'd avalanche a hobo for but it simply isn't available yet. I'm actually quite happy with the rest of my quiver at the moment.

Bean, And what ski is that?

BenfromtheEast, I have an entire AT setup I'd like to part with. Skis, Bindings, Boots, Skins......just saying.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Postby Bean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:28 am

EatinHardtack wrote:
Bean wrote:There's a new mountaineering ski I'd avalanche a hobo for but it simply isn't available yet.

2013-14 Black Diamond Revert. The 2012-13 model is a noodle but the new version is perfect.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby mtnfiend » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:21 am

Bean wrote:
EatinHardtack wrote:
Bean wrote:There's a new mountaineering ski I'd avalanche a hobo for but it simply isn't available yet.

2013-14 Black Diamond Revert. The 2012-13 model is a noodle but the new version is perfect.

The revert did ski quite well, but I still want to give the BD convert a try cause the Revert is on the skinny end of the perfect waist dimensions.....

As for addictions, I don't think I have a specific addiction. Perhaps I'm still in denial?
Didn't I ever tell you.....Bumble's bounce!!!

Postby Guitarzan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:23 am

mainly packs..........but really anything camping or survival related. I'm preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse.
"Pain don't hurt."- Patrick Swayze ROAD HOUSE

Postby mattpayne11 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 am

For me it is camera equipment, which unfortunately is quite heavy.

Postby lordhelmut » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 am

4-packs of 16oz pack beer (Deviant, Gordon, Renegade Elevation, Dank, Crank Yanker, etc)

Postby FCSquid » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:38 am

Ski tuning equipment.

The fact that I tuned my kids' rental gear with P-Tex, diamond stones, gummy stones, etc, is surely indicative of a problem ... :roll:
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

Postby EatinHardtack » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am

Bean wrote:
EatinHardtack wrote:

Hmmm…Interesting.

I just picked up a pair of 12/13 Reverts. I know they are a softer ski, I prefer a little stiffer, but I’m looking forward to using them as a go to ski mountaineering ski. I got them off Backcountry so I can always return. Slapped a pair of Dynafits on them. Overall they seem perfect for ski mountaineering, we'll see how they ski for me though.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

PreviousNext