Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

First Alchemist 40L Backpack

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: First Alchemist 40L Backpack

Postby randalmartin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 am

IkeB wrote:I have been eyeing the bacon pack as well. Where is the 1sfirst ascent outlet?

Use the store locator here http://www.eddiebauer.com/custserv/storelocator/store_locator.jsp?FooterState_Province=CO&FootertxtCity=denver

Stores that carry First Ascent are noted. I would suggest calling the store first to make sure they have the particular FA product you are looking for.

Postby spiderman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:35 am

pvnisher wrote:It seems heavy for the size. 4 lbs for 40L is too much.

Wow, 4 lbs for a 40L pack... sounds painful. Nothing like a gear discussion to get the board fired up! IMHO, go with the ZPacks for the same volume at slightly higher price, slightly more than 1/10th the weight, and a heck of a lot of kudos from other ultralighters for shouldering a stylish, waterproof blue cuben fiber trash bag.

Postby forbins_mtn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:17 pm

The Park Meadows Eddie Bauer is usually stocked. Last time I was there(Black Friday for my sister and I's annual FA spree) they had everything from packs, down, hoodies, tents, etc

I'm gonna go check that pack out. As for summit packs, I have my eye on the REI Flash 22. I just bought one for my girlfriend and I love it.

Previous