Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Outfitter question

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Outfitter question

Postby summitstep » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 am

Looking at buying my first set of Kahtoola mico-spikes. Found some on sale at Base Gear. Anyone have any experience with is vendor?
"In this high country that we love, trails are steep. We climb each mile, breath by breath, and at the threshold of pain, bliss overtakes us."

"It's called CRAZY. And somehow, when you are bent over your poles, staring at your boots- heart heaving and trying not to cough your lung onto a rock= you look up...and you are looking down over all those beautiful mountains....and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"For all the richness of normal, everyday life, it is good sometimes to trespass high in the sky, and live with uncommon intensity, experiencing something that gets close to the sublime."

Re: Outfitter question

Postby cory1223oh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 am

No experience with them, but if you chat with one of the "gear experts" at backcountry.com they will match any competitor's advertised price.

Postby Catalyst » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 pm

I don't have personal experience with them, but a co-worker of mine just ordered a pack from them. If you want to wait a few days I could probably let you know how it went.

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 am

cory1223oh wrote:No experience with them, but if you chat with one of the "gear experts" at backcountry.com they will match any competitor's advertised price.

I like the micro spikes and the above plan to obtain them. Backcountry is a great retailer, click through the link on the 14ers.com homepage when you buy. Helping out a good site benefits us all.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby dsunwall » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:19 am

Basegear Kahtoola MICROspikes Pocket-Sized Traction Ice Cleats

Can be used easily and effectively on virtually any slippery surface.

Price: $44.96

that is the best price I've ever seen for them.

Postby summitstep » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Thanks all for the advice and tips.
"In this high country that we love, trails are steep. We climb each mile, breath by breath, and at the threshold of pain, bliss overtakes us."

"It's called CRAZY. And somehow, when you are bent over your poles, staring at your boots- heart heaving and trying not to cough your lung onto a rock= you look up...and you are looking down over all those beautiful mountains....and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"For all the richness of normal, everyday life, it is good sometimes to trespass high in the sky, and live with uncommon intensity, experiencing something that gets close to the sublime."