Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

CrossFit on the Chopping Block?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

CrossFit on the Chopping Block?

Postby its_not_a_tuba » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:52 pm

With so many CrossFitters on here I thought I'd share... say it ain't so!!!!

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2012/08/14/divorce-leaves-crossfits-fate.html
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson

Re: CrossFit on the Chopping Block?

Postby MUni Rider » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Bummer. However, I don't think it will matter either way much really. I know the workouts, the gym I use is not officially a crossfit gym, and I can access the equipment regardless of the results of the divorce. If I have to i can buy some equipment (over time) and do garage workouts. Thanks for the heads up.
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)

Postby shredthegnar10 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 pm

If worse comes to worse, I imagine a few CrossFit gyms would just re-open under different names and keep doing things the way they do them. You can call your gym "Happytimes Fitness for Bunnies and Puppies" and do CrossFit workouts and it would still be the same thing. Of course, you might have trouble attracting the type of clientele you want, but you get my point :wink:
There's a fine line between being a badass and being a dumbass.

ACONCAGUA STYLE

Postby coclimbguy79 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:37 pm

I've worked quite a bit in the last 6 months with a 24 hour fitness trainer who has given me some great sort of crossfit hybrid workouts to do. And it seems like other trainers have an interest in crossfit. I agree that it won't matter if crossfit gyms disappear. Crossfit style workouts aren't going away regardless of whether they continue with that label.