Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Whens the next 20% REI coupon?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Whens the next 20% REI coupon?

Postby Andymcp1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:37 am

Does anyone know when REI generally does their 20% off coupons, or have any idea when the next one will be coming out?

thank you

Re: Whens the next 20% REI coupon?

Postby tmathews » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:51 am

Andymcp1 wrote:Does anyone know when REI generally does their 20% off coupons, or have any idea when the next one will be coming out?

thank you

There will probably be one around the time dividends are issued.

Postby d_baker » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:17 am

tmathews wrote:
Andymcp1 wrote:Does anyone know when REI generally does their 20% off coupons, or have any idea when the next one will be coming out?

thank you

And the next question is, "Uhh...when does that dividend come out again??" :lol:

Postby tmathews » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:22 am

d_baker wrote:
tmathews wrote:

thank you

And the next question is, "Uhh...when does that dividend come out again??" :lol:

I think they're usually issued around the end of March...? Usually, it coincides with a spring sale. That's what I remember from the last couple of years, anyway.

Postby gonzalj » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:29 am

Yeah, I spoke with a person at REI a couple of days ago and they did say end of March.

Postby fleetmack » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:37 am

I asked my friend who works at REI in Scottsdale last week, as I need a fit kit for my Thule racks on my new car... his response:
Member Rewards (and dividends) is mid-March & Anniversary Sale is mid-May. Thule is historically 20% off at one or both.
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor

Postby Andymcp1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:00 am

Thank you for all the responses, I guess I will be waiting a few months for my new pair of Scarpa Invernos. It will be dang nice to use my dividend and 20% off on them!!

Postby outsidemike » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:06 am

Moosejaw.com just anounced a 30% back in points sale for week. Much better than REI's 10% back or 20% off.
"A climber's day always starts at the crux: getting out of bed."

Postby Andymcp1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Fletch- I'm looking for a UK 10 or 10.5. I wear a 10.5 in US size and that should work with my sock layering. What size are you looking to sell?

Postby Andymcp1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Fletch wrote:
Andymcp1 wrote:Fletch- I'm looking for a UK 10 or 10.5. I wear a 10.5 in US size and that should work with my sock layering. What size are you looking to sell?

Ooo... I have a pair in size 13. They are in pretty good shape too. Oh well, worth a shot.

FWIW, good boot. Sort of the "old reliable" in mountaineering boots. Very warm, very stable, no frills, no thrills. Highly recommend them, especially as a starter boot. And you'll hear all day long about the Intuition liners - mixed reviews IMHO. See how you like the stock one before 'upgrading.' Many times, it's just a matter of not breaking them in enough. Good luck.

For the price I haven't found anything else that compares to them, and when I tried them on they fit almost perfect out of the box. Most of the other boots I have tried even those twice as expensive didn't feel right on my feet. I am planning on using them on my trip to Aconcagua and winter climbing here. Thank you for the recommendation, its good to hear from someone not trying to sell me them... wait? lol

Postby AndYouSeeMe » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Just an FYI. Just checked for my dividend in hopes it would have the date and this is what it said, fwiw:

Please check back after March 14, 2012 for your new balance.

Postby rking007 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 am

Was at REI on Monday. They told me March 23rd. Going in for some Grivel G-12 crampers...
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

Next