Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Bootmance - GARMONT Flash III GTX Hiking Boots

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Bootmance - GARMONT Flash III GTX Hiking Boots

Postby Dex » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:28 pm

I got GARMONT Flash III GTX Hiking Boots from EMS for $112 (free shipping and a $20 gift card).
http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3651168

I took them out on a 13mi hike of the Coosa trail in Ga. - These are great boots - great support all around, lite, good traction, cushioned and shaped insole, heal break.

I was looking for a replacemnt for the MERRELL Outland Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3652477
The sole is thin and I felt everything underfoot. It also didn't give any protection in the front from stubbing your toes.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Re: Bootmance - GARMONT Flash III GTX Hiking Boots

Postby d_baker » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Dex...how does the sizing run on Garmont's products in comparison to other brands? True to size? I don't think I've tried on their boots before.

And has anyone tried the TOWER GTX boot before? How does it hold up to snow climbs in the spring? How is it for kicking steps?
Warm?

Re: Bootmance - GARMONT Flash III GTX Hiking Boots

Postby Dex » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:50 pm

d_baker wrote:Dex...how does the sizing run on Garmont's products in comparison to other brands? True to size? I don't think I've tried on their boots before.

True to size - I take a 10 and the fit is perfect.

I forgot to mention they provide an extra flat insole that can be used for cold weather or if you have a low volume foot.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz