Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Shawnee Bob
14ers: 22 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Shawnee Bob »

I dig Fat Tire. There's also a brew out of C-Springs called Beehive that is really good. And I'll go for a Modellos any time.

A lot of the "popular" brands are swill. My .02.
Because life's too short to be an indoor cat.

http://proactiveoutside.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aubrey
14ers: 58 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (128)

Post by Aubrey »

Papillon wrote:Bells Two Hearted. Anyone making the drive out here from MI - I'll make it worth your while...
I'd chip into that pot, too ... for Bells (Two Hearted and Third Coast) and Three Floyds (Alpha King, Dreadnaught, etc.) ... and maybe even some New Glarus (WI) Raspberry Tart!
Gabriel
14ers: 36 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Gabriel »

1. Ale Asylum Hopalicious
2. Lake Louie Pale Ale
3. Grumpy Troll Imperial Stout
Jack
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Jack »

These can't be put into any particular order:
Magic Hat #9
Yuengling Lager
Big Sky Moose Drool
Sam Adams Octoberfest
O'dells 5 Barrel

Bud's American Ale is surprisingly tasty too.
I'll never turn down a PBR man can though...
Jack
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

unclegar wrote:Clarification: It used to be from Blue Moon Brewery from Denver near Coors Stadium I believe. Blue Moon was a true microbrew that was bought by a mass producer because it was SO GOOD. =D>
Alright. Not to threadjack or anything but I just did some online research and I may have to correct myself. It almost sounds like the Sandlot may be like an R&D or something for Coors. I'm not 100% sure this was formerly an independent microbrewery.

"Blue Moon, a Belgian-Style white beer brewed by the Molson Coors Brewing Company, was launched in 1995. Originally called Bellyslide Belgian White, it was created by Keith Villa, a brewmaster at Coors Field's Sandlot Brewery (the onsite brewery owned by the Molson Coors Brewing Company)."

Anybody know the real history here? Was this always owned by Coors?

At any rate, I still think it's one of the best out there. And I've tried a lot of different beers.
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
Ish
13ers: 43
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Ish »

I don't want to start a pissing match, but for some reason, I have always hated blue moon. I actually think it is one of the most overrated beers out there doesn't taste anything it should taste like (for a Belgian white). Give me a Hoegaarden or a Mothership Wit...
"Though my problems are meaningless, that don't make them go away..."
- Neil Young -
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by EatinHardtack »

XPLSV wrote:Stone Brewery Ruination IPA.

+1 on anything by Stone. Including the Ruination IPA.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Matt
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Papillon wrote:Bells Two Hearted. Anyone making the drive out here from MI - I'll make it worth your while...
Add to the Michigan folks, anyone from Missouri, as I buy the Two Hearted and Cherry Stout every year at Whole Foods in St. Louis. Bell's beer rocks. They are one of my top five breweries in the US.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
Gary Brady
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Gary Brady »

My Top 5:

1) New Belgium Fat Tire
2) Heiniken
3) St Pauli Girl
4) Whatever is cheapest at the store
5) Whatever is in the refrigerator regardless of how old it is.
You guys have fun climbing this weekend. I can't go. Lumbergh's gonna have me come in on Saturday, I just know it.
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

Ish wrote:I don't want to start a pissing match, but for some reason, I have always hated blue moon... Give me a Hoegaarden or a Mothership Wit...
No problem here. I have a Blue Moon and a Mothership Wit in the fridge. I may have to do a comparison tonight. :D I'm fresh out of Hoegaarden but do think it is also a fine tasting beer!
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
Johnson
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

rlw49 wrote:#1 The beer in my hand.
#2 The beer in my fridge.
#3 The beer on tap at the restaurant I'm at.
#4 The beer samples at the breweries.
#5 Free beer!
Many of the ones listed above. I have been drinking a lot of Sam Adams Winter Ale and Boston Lager
I'm thirsty right now, as a matter of fact.
There is a lot to be said to this... especially, I agree. With that said, I must say that I lament the fact that I go through phases where I think I've found "the one" only to buy another 6 of the same and wonder why I thought it was "the one". My tastes change from season to season, month to month... now, with that said... in no particular order

Edelweiss Hefetrub - can't get it here
Franziskaner - Weisse in the big bottle
90 Shilling
Sam Adams - Cream Stout
2 Below
5 Barrel Pale Ale
Guiness
Pabst in a can

Magic Hat #9
Skullsplitter
New Belgium 1554... Ok, I've edited several times because I keep seeing what others post and like a Homer Simpson say, "Ummm, 1554!"
Last edited by Johnson on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
zacob
Trip Reports (2)

Post by zacob »

Stone Russian Imperial Stout...when I feel like an expensive buzz...
otherwise whatever is on sale...
A bad beer is better than a good glass of water ...