Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by ajkagy »

^^^ stone did another one that was enjoy by Dec 21st, 2012 (end of the mayan calendar). Sounds like they are just trying to come up with clever ways to sell their beer.
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewing! I recently discovered that they distribute in Arizona, so I had a friend pick me up a case while he was down there. Great IPA! If you're in the area its worth picking up a 6 - pack or two.

I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

SpringsHiker wrote:I recently came across a limited release IPA from Stone that has turned out to be excellent. It's called "Enjoy by 04/20/13" with an apparent nod to those who enjoy...other things than beer. I would put this in the Pliny class--very fresh, hoppy and citrusy.

AAAHHH!!!!!! :detonate:

I have been looking for that! Where did you find it?
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
Johnson
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

Dave B wrote:I'm not a New Belgium fan, for the most part, but this is a phenomenal imperial IPA.

And since it was mentioned several times since, I HAD to try it. I have all but given up on NB and so to hear a few folks mention this.... I am on my 3rd one. Unique. Tasty!
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
Bean
14ers: 45  45  10 
13ers: 9 4
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Bean »

Last edited by Bean on Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are no hard 14ers, but some are easier than others." - Scott P
http://throughpolarizedeyes.com
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

Bean wrote: Another fan of Rampant here. It's not mind-blowingly good, but it's worth getting. I'm not big on anything else from NB but Rampant might enter a regular rotation.
have you had their super IPA? I think it tastes really similar to Avery's Maharaja
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SpringsHiker
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (1)

Post by SpringsHiker »

Johnson wrote:I have been looking for that! Where did you find it?
I managed to buy one bottle at Coal Train (they had 2 left but selling 1/customer and long gone) and I bought 4 at Cork & Bottle in Monument. I have not found any more since.
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"
Matt
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Latest Lagunitas Discovery: The Undercover Investigation Shut Down Ale
It's my favorite one thus far from a great brewery.
shutdown.jpg
shutdown.jpg (35.01 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Great beer, great story: http://www.bevlaw.com/bevlog/malt-bever ... t-down-ale
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
EmmaM
14ers: 57  8 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by EmmaM »

How Mountain Sun's 'Girl Scout Stout' should have tasted.
madbuck
Trip Reports (6)

Post by madbuck »

EmmaM wrote:
How Mountain Sun's 'Girl Scout Stout' should have tasted.
Wow, thanks, sounds intriguing (and better than the artificial and strangely non-perishable cookies) -- I would have missed it, as I haven't seen it locally, yet ratebeer.com tells me where to find it in Ft. Collins (287 liquors). Sweet! (And cool logo).
Last edited by madbuck on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madbuck
Trip Reports (6)

Post by madbuck »

Tomorrow, April 15th -- the macro-micro Sam Adam's gets the nod for Patriot's Day day. Simply balanced for drinking after finishing the marathon; a session of drunkenly cheering runners and Red Sox all day; a lunch beer after sneaking the marathon feed at work; or taking the sting out of writing a check to the IRS. YMMV.
Jesse M
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jesse M »

Happy 30th Birthday to me. :-D

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."