Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by TallGrass »

kansas wrote:beersnobbery
:lol: Puh-lease. :lol:

Mayan Apocalypse party last night with some long-time friends in town for the holidays. What better time try and share a bunch of different flavors of the "friendly water"? :-D :-D Here are some we went through (long night). :-D
Avery/Russian River's Collaboration not Litigation Belgian Strong Dark Ale (CA/CO)
Boulevard Amber Ale (MO)
Boulevard Pale Ale (MO)
Boulevard Nutcracker Ale (MO)
Boulevard Smokestack Series Chocolate Ale (2012) (MO)
Boulevard Smokestack Series Love Child #2 (MO)
Boulevard Smokestack Series Rye on Rye (2013) (MO)
Free State Winter Fest IPA (KS)
Laughing Dog Brewery's Alpha Dog Imperial IPA (ID)
The Lost Abbey Judgement Day Ale Quad (CA)
Mother's Holy Mole Pepper Brown Ale (MO)
Mother's Winter Grind Coffee Stout (MO)
Ommegang Seduction Belgian Dark Ale (NY)
Sam Adams Old Fezziwig Ale Spiced Ale (MA)
Samuel Smith's India Ale (UK)
Smithwick's (IRL)

Only a few of us could handle the tart Love Child, Holy Mole's cinnamon was pretty noticeable but worked for a chile beer, and Seduction was a nice one to lead with.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
"A few hours' mountain climbing make of a rogue and a saint two fairly equal creatures.
Tiredness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity - and sleep finally adds to them liberty."
moneymike
14ers: 57  57  9 
13ers: 132 123 39
Trip Reports (46)

Post by moneymike »

Gordon Biersch imperial pilsner brau is a pilsner that I can really get behind. Very good.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1551/82951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

"Slow and steady wins the race (unless you're racing someone who is fast and steady)."
Bean
14ers: 45  45  10 
13ers: 9 4
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Bean »

Last edited by Bean on Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are no hard 14ers, but some are easier than others." - Scott P
http://throughpolarizedeyes.com
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

Bean wrote:
moneymike wrote:Gordon Biersch imperial pilsner brau is a pilsner that I can really get behind. Very good.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1551/82951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gordon Biersch anything is beer I can't get behind.
+1
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

Just found a new brewery on 2nd and Broadway named TRVE Brewing. I tried the Diotima which is a smoked tea saison. I was impressed, the smokiness wasn't overpowering and had a real good flavor too it. I sipped a few of the other brews and they were all good.

Check em' out. Beware.. its kinda a dark place, lots of pentagrams and devilish things.

http://trvebrewing.com
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
J-RockandRockpile
Trip Reports (0)

Post by J-RockandRockpile »

lordhelmut wrote:
Bean wrote:
moneymike wrote:Gordon Biersch imperial pilsner brau is a pilsner that I can really get behind. Very good.

Gordon Biersch anything is beer I can't get behind.
+1
The same Gordon that forced Avery to change the name of one of their (extremely delicious) beverages to G'Night? From....

The link to beer advocate was real helpful
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good
Floyd
14ers: 58 
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Floyd »

J-RockandRockpile wrote: The same Gordon that forced Avery to change the name of one of their (extremely delicious) beverages to G'Night? From....

The link to beer advocate was real helpful
Oscar Blues, not Avery, but yes, it's always nice to see the little guys making the big boys nervous. But I'm still POed that Dry Dock had to change the name of their Seven C's DIPA because of some little brewery in WA though. But the least they could have done was come up with a new name.
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

Had one of these on New Year's Eve....
msr-bottle-glass.png
msr-bottle-glass.png (150.93 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
Tasty!!!
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
TomM
14ers: 5 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TomM »

Papillon wrote:
lordhelmut wrote:

Can you imagine seeing a guy at a TH hitting that Cholula bottle and then chasing it with a hit from one of those 3 liter bottles of Double Bastard?

I'm serious about this project though. I should blog it - 365 days of peaks, hot sauces and Dogfish Head.

I just purchased a domain for it too - poyaproject [dot] com. POYA being an acronym... :wink:
Sounds good as long as you are downwind of everybody.
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Tonight's Hipster Bedtime Story can be found below:

So, just where did Pabst get that Blue Ribbon?
Find out here: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/design/ ... ue-ribbon/

In other beer news, this year's Deschutes Hop Henge is out. Yum, and at $4.59 for a bomber of 10.6% ABV hoppy goodness, it's a winner best shared on any given weeknight.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Matt wrote:
In other beer news, this year's Deschutes Hop Henge is out. Yum, and at $4.59 for a bomber of 10.6% ABV hoppy goodness, it's a winner best shared on any given weeknight.
Possibly my first ever Beer Thread contribution, but...

+1

(Had it first fresh on-tap in Bend in 2010 - that was fall-off-the-stool wonderful.) Thanks for the reminder, Matt.
Last edited by wildlobo71 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
DanR
14ers: 33 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (4)

Post by DanR »

Matt wrote:Tonight's Hipster Bedtime Story can be found below:

So, just where did Pabst get that Blue Ribbon?
Find out here: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/design/ ... ue-ribbon/

PBR also won gold at this year's GABF in the American Style Lager category, but considering Keystone Light got the bronze the competition wasn't exactly stellar.

And, as you say, it's a good time of year to be an aficionado of just about any beer style. The hop heads get fresh hop beers, plus Maharaja came back a couple weeks ago and Lagunitas Sucks, which I've heard some great things about, is just hitting stores now. Crooked Stave is rocking the wilds/sours, the big stouts and barleywines are all out to play, and every store and respectable taproom is filled with barrel aged goodness. Happy new year indeed!