Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Bean 2
14ers: 23  16  6 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Bean 2 »

MountainMedic wrote:Bean 2, I was simply answering questions. All good people deserve to be educated in the ways of the Heady. If you don't understand, then you surely don't deserve any.
I understand that you need to stop blabbing about this beer that only you have tried. Does the pedestal belong to the beer or to you? Maybe when you come back to Colorado and we go on that hike, you can bring some along. I promise that I deserve it.
d_baker wrote:I can't believe I'm posting in the beer thread (because I don't like beer), but here goes....hey Idiot 2, oops -- I mean -- Bean 2 -- how much is that beer worth to you? I'll be in VT next month.
Idiot 2? You turkey.
Sure, please grab some of these tallboys and expect to be paid back commensurately with good ol' Jager, 7up, or whatever floats your boat.
It's worth flexing my calves to ride my bike to wherever you are.
gdthomas wrote:

Bean, you're an idiot 2.
http://throughpolarizedeyes.com/
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

MountainMedic wrote:Bean 2, I was simply answering questions. All good people deserve to be educated in the ways of the Heady. If you don't understand, then you surely don't deserve any.
I will gladly accept a 4-pack of Heady for rent for your bed and bike. And I still haven't touched the Deschutes Abyss 2011 Reserve in my fridge... it's on thin ice, however.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

Bean 2 wrote:
I understand that you need to stop blabbing about this beer that only you have tried. Does the pedestal belong to the beer or to you? Maybe when you come back to Colorado and we go on that hike, you can bring some along. I promise that I deserve it.
d_baker wrote:I can't believe I'm posting in the beer thread (because I don't like beer), but here goes....hey Idiot 2, oops -- I mean -- Bean 2 -- how much is that beer worth to you? I'll be in VT next month.
Idiot 2? You turkey.
Sure, please grab some of these tallboys and expect to be paid back commensurately with good ol' Jager, 7up, or whatever floats your boat.
Come on you guys! Why can't we...

Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
MountainMedic
14ers: 58  3  1 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (3)

Post by MountainMedic »

wildlobo71 wrote:
I will gladly accept a 4-pack of Heady for rent for your bed and bike. And I still haven't touched the Deschutes Abyss 2011 Reserve in my fridge... it's on thin ice, however.
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you. I'll be grabbing some next time I'm up in Vermont.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Bean 2 wrote:
Idiot 2? You turkey.
You turkey? That's the best you can come back with?! Bottoms up, boy, and then come back with something better. I'm disappointed.
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

d_baker wrote:You turkey? That's the best you can come back with?! Bottoms up, boy, and then come back with something better. I'm disappointed.
What do you expect from a pod of cloned legumes?

Hot smelly air is all you should have been prepared for.
Last edited by DeucesWild on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
oldschoolczar
14ers: 45  1  1 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by oldschoolczar »

Mark ass buster turkey fools..
“what matters most is
how well you
walk through the
fire” -Charles Bukowski
Duffus Kentucky Climber
14ers: 34 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Duffus Kentucky Climber »

You two prw tuing arp fin sinkopintarp grwii nu. yapxig!
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!
moneymike
14ers: 57  57  9 
13ers: 132 123 39
Trip Reports (46)

Post by moneymike »

I think I will go to the liquor store and buy some beer. I feel like a brown ale. Any suggestions?
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

"Slow and steady wins the race (unless you're racing someone who is fast and steady)."
klinger
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by klinger »

moneymike wrote:I think I will go to the liquor store and buy some beer. I feel like a brown ale. Any suggestions?

Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

The Man and I did a bit of our own little private beer tour over the weekend at home (partaking of the "build your own 6-pak" option for some of it) ... in order of consumption (some of which was merely splitting a 12-oz. bottle):

- Boulevard Single Wide IPA - 5.7%ABV (initially, the aroma was much more than the taste, but as we went along, it was better the more you drank)
- Schmaltz Brewing Hebrew Dry Hopped Session Ale - Genesis 15th Anniversary (pretty darned tasty, but I've liked all the Hebrew I've tasted prior)
- Crispin Hard Apple Cider - The Saint 6.9%ABV - Bomber (mirky, but tasty and a bit more punch than most 5% ciders)
- Stone Levitation Ale - 4.4%ABV (tons of flavor)
- Blue Dawg Brewery Wild Blue Blueberry Lager - 8%ABV (sort of like nehi grape soda, but blueberry, with less carbonation and very sweet and very blue)
- Boulevard Nutcracker Ale (Seasonal) - 7.8%ABV (much better than their IPA above; lighter mouth feel than most spiced ales ... The Man advises, due to the name, "don't drink it on a balance beam")
- Widmer Brothers Brewing Brrrr Ale - 7.2%ABV (pretty tasty)
- Cumbre Elevation IPA - 7.2%ABV THANK YOU MATT! (very nice ... 100 IBU ... it's hoppy .. need I say more)
- Dry Dock Double IPA - 9%ABV - Bomber (very yummy ... have had it there on tap before)
- Ska Brewing Modus Hoperandi 6.8%ABV (what can I say ... it's my go to beer in a can)
- Upslope Christmas Ale - 8.2%ABV (tall boy ... comes in a 4-pak ... $11.99 at King Soopers ... get some)

Also stopped by The Bull-n-Bush on Friday evening for dinner (the kitchen is finally open again). Had a couple of the goblets of the Marriage Golden Am-Belgo IPA 9%ABV ... mighty nice.

:iluvbeer: :iluvbeer: :iluvbeer:
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
Floyd
14ers: 58 
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Floyd »

Presto, when you and the Man are running around for another outing, drop me a line. My cousin recently moved in next door to the BnB so we're always up for a tasting tour.

I was home in Asheville, NC (Beer City, USA) over Thanksgiving. While the title is very debatable, I picked up a bomber of Hoptimus Prime mostly because I liked the name. All I can say is I need to find it again. Impressive stuff.
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason