Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Yalegirl09
14ers: 43 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Yalegirl09 »

Thank you for finally posting Crank Yanker!!! Anything by Eddyline is amazing, but Crank Yanker
Is my all time favorite beer. Closely followed by Breck's small batch 471 IPA. Eddyline's River Runners Pale Ale, Innerglow Red Chile Porter, and Pumpkin Patch are all killer as well. Outside of Eddyline... Dillon Dam's Dam Straight lager is great, and the Lucky U from Breck does in a pinch!
flatlander51
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by flatlander51 »

mtree wrote:1) Free beer
2) Cold beer
3) Good beer
4) Cheap beer
5) Another beer
I'm in complete agreement with mtree. Actually I have always liked Coor's Light, but now that they sell Fat Tire here in FL, I have started drinking that a lot.
GeorgiaTyler
14ers: 22 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Post by GeorgiaTyler »

Stone IPA
Climb up Pints down
Delorean_Man
14ers: 5 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Delorean_Man »

GeorgiaTyler wrote:Stone IPA
That and O'Dells IPA are about my favorite to drink.
I would rather sit on a mountain and think about God than sit in church and think about the mountains.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Delorean_Man wrote:
...and O'Dells IPA are about my favorite to drink.
That's kind of like saying, my favorite kind of air to breathe is the kind with oxygen :-D
Make wilderness less accessible.
saxlover
14ers: 58 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (4)

Post by saxlover »

bottle share?

lets slay some whales
Andrew Tobin
moneymike
14ers: 57  57  9 
13ers: 132 123 39
Trip Reports (46)

Post by moneymike »

Really liked this IPA
hopjuicelarge.png
hopjuicelarge.png (119.46 KiB) Viewed 2100 times
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

"Slow and steady wins the race (unless you're racing someone who is fast and steady)."
jmanner
14ers: 58  28  10 
13ers: 55 14 3
Trip Reports (15)

Post by jmanner »

Would it be too Pedestrian to just say my favorite is Great Divide IPA on some days and O'dells' Five Barrel on others. I realize these aren't fro-fro breweries, but I really like them.
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock or Harry Callahan or something F' it: http://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

'Life is too short to ski groomers'

"That man's only desire was to stand, once only, on the summit of that glorious wedge of rock...I think anyone who loves the mountains as much as that can claim to be a mountaineer, too."-Hermann Buhl, Nanga Parbat Pilgrimage
kansas
Trip Reports (4)

Post by kansas »

I've developed a taste for session IPA's lately. Sometimes it's nice to drink a few beers and still be able to stand up. This is the best one yet.
Attachments
daytime.jpg
daytime.jpg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

kansas wrote:I've developed a taste for session IPA's lately. Sometimes it's nice to drink a few beers and still be able to stand up. This is the best one yet.
I just tried these last night - pretty impressed. And yeah, it was nice to have a few and not feel like s**t this morning.

Also looking forward to Odell adding the Loose Leaf to their standard year-round selection of six-pack brews. Not sure how it ranks on the IBU scale, but it's Odell's so there's really no way it sucks.

ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

^^^ loose leaf is excellent, glad they are rolling that out for a year round brew
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Despite the ski-centric theme, I was a little let down with Deschutes "Chasing Freshies" offering.

They have, however, redeemed themselves.

Dayum!!!!